"What are your interests or hobbies?" the voice on the other end of the question asked. We had already made our way through numerous other uncomfortable small talk/breaking the ice type of chitter chatter.
My mind scrambled to find an acceptable answer. I don't have an actual hobby, but the things that interest me are a wide and varied assortment.
So here goes …
• Studying the Bible … more than just a quick read.
• Trying new recipes. That actually covers a wide selection of things right there. Everything from common easy things, to weirdly exotic and difficult.
• Learning more about plants and what they can be used for.
• Learning odd and interesting facts about anything.
• Taking relaxing walks through the woods and some other favorite spots, as well as exploring new spots with the family.
• Sewing … again ever learning how to make new things.
• Reading, either books that interest me or bedtime stories with Steven.
• Writing, here a little, there a little. On a wide variety of subjects and ideas.
• Animals … the care of those we have, and interesting facts about any other animal.
• People watching … fascinating creatures, humans.
• Music … listening to a wide variety of it, including enjoying the sound of Sharon play the piano. Singing.
• Journaling, planners, office supplies, and list making.
• Household tips and hints … I'm starting to jot some of my families tried and true ones down. If I have enough they could make a book someday … or at the very least, some blog posts.
• Homeschool … this particular interest would provide days worth of fodder.
The list could continue for a long time. So even though I don't have a hobby, basically everything in my life interests me, as well as a lot of things I would still like to learn to do and know.