1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
March first was a pleasant day but the next few were snowy, windy, and cold. I'll admit that I was secretly happy that we're getting a little bit of winter yet before spring officially arrives.
2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free), or Alex (Madagascar)? You may notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you.
I have never seen any of those films but since we're speaking about lions my favorite lion is an old stuffed toy I used to have named Toby.
3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?
The first farm where we used to live after we got married. The view from the porch looked out towards the west across the rolling mountains and we used to enjoy spectacular sunsets. Right now we live in a hollow and sunrises and sunsets are both only a memory.
4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?
As I was sitting here thinking of knowledge and truth and trying to decide how to write this answer in order for it to make sense to you I started getting dizzy. The knowledge that there's no blog cop going to get me in trouble for not answering this question made me happy and I will be using the time I saved from digging into this deep topic to enjoy some truths in my Bible.
5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently?
A cow sitting like a dog is not normal especially since they always kneel down with their front legs first when they want to lay down and when they want to get up they always use their back legs first. This silly cow sat like this for more than half an hour.
6. Bottled water...your thoughts?
While I like the convenience of bottled water while hiking or traveling I don't like how it tastes. I much prefer the cold sweet water from our well and I have been known to buy bottled water but promptly dump it out and refilling it with our own to take with us on our treks. When ever we can't have our own water I'm reminded of King David in the Bible where he was longing for water from the well in Bethlehem. I think I know how he felt!
7. What's your strongest sense?
I'm not sure which of my senses is the strongest but I do know which is the weakest. I lost my sense of smell years ago and of the five senses if I had to lose one of them I'm glad that's the one I lost instead of any of the others.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday Sunbeam wanted to try making cookies on her own. She had chosen a simple recipe and since our kitchen happens to be washable I told her she could.
Her efforts were successful and when she served me a warm freshly baked cookie I loved her pleased expression.
It's so much fun watching our children accomplish new things!