Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pecan Pie Cookies

A while ago someone gave us Pecan Pie Cookies. After the very first taste I knew immediately that I wanted to have the recipe. Unfortunately since they came from a little local bakery they of-course didn't want to share it so I set to work trying to recreate them.


Pecan Pie Cookies

¾ cup butter (softened)
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs (medium)
½ cup cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt

Combine sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well and then add the cream.  After mixing it well add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Cover with a cloth and set in refrigerator while you make the filling.

Pecan Pie Filling

4½  Tbsp butter
½ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
¾ cup pecans (finely chopped)

Melt butter. Add powdered sugar and stir until melted. Add corn syrup and pecans. Mix well and then bring to a full boil. Stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and refrigerate immediately.

Now taking the cookie dough. Roll into balls only slightly smaller than a golf ball. Flatten gently and then using the back of a spoon make a nice hollow in the center.

Repeat with the remaining dough. Now you are ready for the fun part. Fill each hollow with the pecan pie filling. Bake on the middle rack in a preheated 350ยบ oven for 12 minutes.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.

They weren't exactly like the ones from the bakery but I was happy with how they turned out and by the way they disappeared I know I will be making them again!

I always like to line my cookie sheets with parchment paper. It eliminates having to use cooking spray or butter to keep them from sticking. And clean up is a breeze. I don't like using aluminum foil since I think it makes food taste like foil. I don't care for wax paper either because the wax usually adheres to the food.

I also prefer using air bake cookie sheets. They bake more evenly and the bottoms of cookies don't get overly browned on them.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my...I'm going to have to bake these very soon! They are making my mouth water right now.

    P.S.- Since losing my mom last year, my dad finally started to try baking things for himself. I sent him to your site for your "Apple Goodie" recipe because he loves apple pies but doesn't know how to make crust. He now makes that recipe for everyone, and brings it along to barbecues, church functions, etc. EVERYONE is impressed by his new "baking skills" and asks for the recipe. He makes it so often that I bought him an apple peeler/corer machine to speed up production. Your recipe has given him the confidence he needed to venture into the world of baking after 35 years of being pampered by the cullinary skills of my dear mother. (He LOVES pecan pie so I'll send him the link to this recipe as well.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look and sound delish! have you ever heard of a sil pat. you can get them at kitchen stores. they are kinda pricey but mine has lasted for about 6 years and probably will last that many more at least. great replacement for parchment paper which i still use occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH! I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pecan is my favorite pie, so I'm definitely going to try these.
    And I love your blog background; roses are my favorite flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pecan Pie is the BEST, therefore Pecan Pie cookies would have to be the Best!
    Sounds delish. I make pecan pie bars...oh so good. Dangerously good! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi sister passing to ask you this..im hosting a bloghop on tuesday im trying...we all are busy people but this way we can get to now other blogs too..its simpel just link up any devotional or something you want to share..you will see it at my blog just follow the instructions your adress will not be shown..help me here if you can...you can also pass the html from the linky to your own blog if you like...thank you so much if you do..you can link craft whatever you like..thank you again..loves soraya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look soooo good. Pecan pie and a cookie rolled into one? Be still my heart. ;0

    I bake my cookies on my stoneware large bar pans, round and rectangle stones from The Pampered Chef. I much prefer those over anything else I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds sooo good. I toast my pecans before I make a pie. One time I discovered I was nearly out of corn syrup, so I substituted maple syrup, and have used it ever since. My husband calls it "northern" pecan pie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.