Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Hodgepodge

1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?

I enjoy planting a garden and all our flowerbeds but find weeding to be tiresome and quite easily my least favorite thing to do.
 



2. What puts a spring in your step? 

Being outside in the sweet fresh mountain air always makes me feel younger and more energetic. My family also puts a spring in my step, the joys of working, playing, laughing, and talking with each other is the best and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?

Let me see, there have been quite a variety of things that have made me spring into action. The most recent was simple but still require springing on my part when I heard the unmistakable hiss from a pot boiling over on the stove.

4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?

I prefer to eat my carrots raw and am especially fond of baby carrots.
5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?

Not unless we broke the seal and sometimes not even then.
6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?

We are homebodies to the core but I have belonged to a book club already. They give me a headache. When I read, I read purely for enjoyment and not to try to find all manner of hidden messages or thinking that Jane Eyre was light years ahead of her time.  And while I'm on that topic I would rather go to the dentist than have to read Jane Austen books.
7. Is cloning a sign of progress?
Not all new abilities can be called progress.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

Have you ever sent a text message to the wrong number? 

It used to be the phone would ring and when it was a wrong number the person was able to hang up before divulging things they didn't want to, to a stranger or a friend they called by mistake.  With text messaging it's not quite that simple.  I'll have to tell you about it someday.

8 comments:

  1. LOL - I tried a book club, too, and I think I felt the same way as you. I read for fun and when I have to over-think something, it becomes more like homework. And it turns out I didn't really care if the others liked it or not. The good part was that it got me to read a few books that otherwise I wouldn't have read. I've never read a Jane Austen book, but have wanted to read Pride & Prejudice for ages. Wonder if I ever will? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Jane Austen books! I was so happy when PBS had a series on her books. Pride & Prejudice is the first book by Jane Austen that I ever read, and it's still my favorite by her.

    I hadn't read Jane Eyre until I joined a book club. It is now one of my favorite books. I enjoyed our book club very much, and I was so sad when it folded. We were mostly from the same Sunday school class in church, and we discussed the books with a Christian worldview. It was very interesting. I really enjoyed gaining new insight about the books we read by listening to the other ladies. In my opinion, reading for fun and reading for book club are not mutually exclusive.

    I'm intrigued by that text you alluded to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think much of our local book club either. I have precious little time for recreational reading, and I didn't often like the books we were assigned. (And I never did make it to a meeting.)

    The first thing that came to my mind about "springing into action" was when my son was very young. I had sent my two children out to play in our tiny back yard. There's not much to do out there since it is so small, but after a very short time I heard a blood curtling scream and was sure someone had just lost a limb. In short order I came to the rescue and brushed the spider off his arm. He still doesn't like spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could eat baby carrots until the cows come home!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers! I am with you on the cloning, some things I do not consider progress. Looking forward to hearing the story about the texting...lol
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having read your blogs for a little while now I feel I'm beginning to know a bit about you. At least what you choose to reveal. Initially I was intrigued by your Amish background. I must say I am astounded how heartily you have embraced the " English ways. "
    Someimes I think I could be Amish ! A case of the grass is always greener.
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never belonged to a book club, but I agree with you about *having* to read something. I LOVE to read, but couldn't fight my way through a school assignment for love nor money - or even a decent grade! Books on tape are a Godsend!
    We always bring home all of the toiletries are motels, opened or not, because they get tossed. (Once they're on the counter, they are considered "used".) I save the unopened ones for a local homeless shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hosted a book group as part of my job for a few years. Talk about a headache! And I share your sentiments on Jane Austen. So glad that's over with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.