Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green?

I like green but I can't wear it without looking sickly so my wardrobe doesn't contain a single article of green clothing.

2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live?

Everything is still looking rather drab yet at this time of year but before long we will be getting to enjoy walks in the woods.  I love the forests in our area. They are such pleasant places to relax and enjoy nature.

3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department?

At 5' 6" I'm content with my height.

4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?

I don't like confrontation at all and try to avoid it. But threaten my children and I'm making no promises.

5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.)

I like all of them but broccoli is a favorite. I think we would all eat a huge helping of steamed broccoli everyday if that were possible. I'm hoping Buddy will learn to like it as much as the rest of us do by the time he is old enough to eat it.

6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why?

There are quite a few women that I admire. Three that come to mind right away are: Esther, Ruth, and Abigail in the Bible.  All three of them displayed faith and courage that I admire.

7. Keep Calm and ____________on.
You fill in the blank.

Keep calm and carry on.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

This whole time change thing is still hard to adjust to and as a double whammy, starting today LV needs to be at work an hour earlier which makes that I'm having to get up two hours earlier than I did last week. 

Everybody..... on the count of three. 1...2...3..... YAWN !!

12 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Hodgepodge. Since the time change I feel I am more AWAKE and have more energy - I know that makes no sense! I love your blog - its really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time change sure threw me in for a curve - but only on Sunday though. I hope it gets easier to adjust to!

    Love your kids' names - Think it's absolutely cute :).

    Hope you have a lovely Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your answer to #6! Enjoyed your hodgepodge! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm - I can wear green with no problem but orange makes me look as if the undertaker forgot to close the lid. When we were growing up, my wildly anti-Catholic mother made us wear orange on St. Patrick's day because we were Protestant. Yeesh, what a grump she was.
    We also love broccoli, fond enough of string beans and spinach, but I can't get anybody but the dog to eat peas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green makes me look sickly, too! Does absolutely NOTHING for me! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of the time changes at all. I grew up in Arizona so I am still not used to or happy with the whole concept of it. Good luck getting going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green is to be eaten, not worn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love roasted broccoli. It's our favorite way to eat it and it's so easy...a little olive oil, salt, and pepper on a cookie sheet in the oven. The first time we tried it, we couldn't believe the flavor that roasting it brings out. It's soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristina, Thanks for sharing. I'm already looking forward to trying it the next time we get broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, if someone threatens my kids it is SO on..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to say I do not share your love for broccoli :) lol. but it's ok when cooked right I guess.

    That looks like a beautiful forest back there. :) Those are very nice places.

    And the time change is driving me crazy too! Not cool. Hope I'll get used to it very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.