Wednesday, April 22, 2020
I resolved to be more intentional, and yes, I can say that I have done/am doing it.
2. Where do you go to find quietude?
I find quietude, refreshing of mind, and more on my daily walk in nature. (Weather permitting)
I also find quiet in my morning Bible time before the rest of the family gets up.
3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying?
Meat - I won't narrow it down so I'm happy with the wide assortment available
Macaroni - got to love pasta. Macaroni may not be my favorite of the pasta family, but it will do.
Milk - is rather important at our house. Steven especially, will be glad it made it on the list.
Mangoes - one of my favorite fruits
Mushroom - I thought about choosing melons, but I already have a fruit, so I decided to go with mushrooms instead. Fried nicely they would make a great addition to either a meat or the macaroni.
4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss.
I don't know that I have much to discuss on any of those options. I guess I'll go with 'survival mode'. Even though by all appearances our life hasn't changed all that much since all this started, my survival mode instincts seem to have jumped in, and I'm trying to make everything last as long as possible, and looking for all the ways I can make a dollar stretch. We've done it before and survived, and I know God will carry us through this as well.
5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength.
This verse is found in Joshua 1:9 where God was speaking to Joshua after Moses had died. He had already told him several times to be strong and courageous, and then repeated it again in verse nine. Even though this was spoken to Joshua, I find it true and comforting for me as well.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm still making my daily A-Z posts. Today features the letter "S" and I have decided to share a recipe some of you had been requesting. Salmon Wellington coming right up.