Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Apple Cider Cupcakes

In one of my Picture my Week posts I had shared how Rosebud had made Apple Cider cupcakes, and got quite a few requests for the recipe. I decided today seems like a great day to finally share it.
 

Apple Cider Cupcakes

½ cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup apple cider
1-2/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt

Combine butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly blended. Set aside. In a separate bowl combine remaining four dry ingredients. Alternate adding dry mixture and apple cider to butter/sugar mixture, beating well after each addition.

Scoop into cupcake tins, lined with cupcake wrappers, of course.

Bake at 350ยบ for 17-19 minutes. Until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Frosting:

1 cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Mix butter and brown sugar. Add remaining ingredients and beat until light and fluffy. Frost cooled cupcakes. You can garnish with half an apple slice if you prefer.

3 comments:

  1. I had to try these this afternoon! They are really good! The cake is so good. We think they would be good with a cream cheese icing. We thought they could be like a muffin without any icing though. The icing was pretty sweet for us and I couldn't get my brown sugar to mix so the icing was gritty. I am sure it was my fault though. This recipe will definitely be made again! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh ... I'm thinking a cinnamon cream cheese frosting would be excellent!

      Glad you liked the cake.

      Delete
  2. We just went to our first cider pressing yesterday. I think we will be making these this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.