Monday, October 17, 2016

Our Weekend

We've been wanting to go visit LV's parents ever since they moved over a year ago already. We finally made that happen this weekend.

It was really nice seeing them again, and seeing where they live. The day was spent visiting, eating good food, and enjoying each other's company.

Rosebud took some yarn along and asked Grandma if she would teach her how to crochet baby bibs and booties. Most of her day on Saturday was spent creating a pretty set of booties and a bib to go with it.

LV's brother and his family live nearby, so we all popped over to see where they live. During the tour of their house I was astounded at the huge sweet potatoes my sister-in-law grew in her garden this year.

Impressive, isn't it?!! That sweet potato is bigger than Sunbeam's head!

All in all we had a very enjoyable visit, and are already looking forward to the next time we all get to spend time together.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful visit. It is a blessing to have family nearby. :) Sounds like your daughter had a very nice time with her grandma, which i'm sure she'lshe'll cherish for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful visit. It is a blessing to have family nearby. :) Sounds like your daughter had a very nice time with her grandma, which i'm sure she'lshe'll cherish for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I gotta admit, I am slightly envious of the canning shelves! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you all had a good visit. That potato is VERY impressive and so is all of the canning behind it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cannning shelf blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the old song has it, "Where do I begin...to peel that sweet potato"? That is what the kids call ginormous! And, as the others have said, that amount of canning is certainly mind-blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! I hope you get to see each other again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my what a huge potato. I wonder how many people one potato that size would feed?
    Someone has been hard at work putting up things for the winter. I am working on applesauce today. My pantry looks nothing like those shelves but I have a few in the basement that come in handy. I love to see shelves of full canning jars. Such a feeling of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.