Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?

The best thing .... I'm stumped. I'm a creature of habit, and the change involved in moving to a new house is stressful. I guess it's a good thing to be able to go through everything you have, and having everything perfectly organized is nice too, though I'd rather go on a thorough housecleaning/organizing spree than move.

The worst thing ... change, packing, lifting, toting, uncomfortable new surroundings, chaos ... not a fan of moving.

2. What's moved you recently?

A book I read that required a box of tissues. Is it pathetic getting so invested in fictional characters?

3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?

I feel life is moving forward. There are some exciting things on the horizon that I'll share more about here once the time is right.

4. On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it's your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.

It's your move could apply to my life right now. I'm working on a project, and the only thing holding it back is me. So hopefully I'll be able to get a move on later today and tackle it.

5. What song makes you want to get up and move?



6. Your favorite snack to grab when you're 'on the move'?

Baby carrots and celery sticks are a favorite go to snack in our house. Funny how my dream of being grown up and being able to eat chips, pretzels, and candy bars when ever I want has changed to much healthier options when I became a grown up.

7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home?

This may sound a little silly, but the one thing I have found that I really like, is, refrigerator magnets. Several years ago when LV had to go out of state for six months for a job thing, we went along and stayed in a basically empty house. Having only the most basic of basic necessities. When we got home after that and I walked into our kitchen and saw those magnets on the fridge .... well ... I really liked them, and I felt home again.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm really, really enjoying fall this year. The chill in the air, the bright blue skies, the colorful leaves. Ahh ... it stirs something deep inside that is hard to explain.

15 comments:

  1. Stopping in from WHP. LOved your responses....especially the random one about fall. I love fall too. I have fridge magnets too and we lived in an apartment once while they readied the parsonage...and I did not have my magnets....they tell stories to me and I miss mine when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greater by Mercy Me is another good one. I always move faster when I hit that one on my workout playlist. I think magnets is a good answer. They tell a story. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely with you on moving, however, I would do it if DH would agree to a downsize. It would be painful, but I think it would be worth it in the long run. I love Fall for the same reasons as you. Do tell what the wonderful book was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have my magnets and my Mother-in Law's magnets on the fridge. I inherited hers when we inherited her house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like to move but it does force me to go through things and get rid of unneeded items. I would love to downsize to a smaller place but I dread an actual move. I enjoyed reading how you feel about magnets. I'm the same way. I love the magnets that we've collected in our travels. People, (family), tell me that its not a decorator thing to have lots of stuff on the fridge but I just tell them that I live in a house, not a model home! The magnets remind me of good times we've had in various places that we have visited.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss my fridge magnets, they do not stick to stainless steel. They are somewhere in a box with my other sentimental treasures. Have a great week.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same was about the Fall, April. It has been gorgeous. I love to cry over a movie or book. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also enjoy fall and winter. I really enjoy bundling up!
    The Squire and I bought this house when we got married 40-some years ago, and have never moved. I had to move several times before we got married: my first husband left me bankrupt when he died, and I had to throw things into boxes and move, then I was only in my new place five days when somebody broke in, and I ad to move in with my parents. I got another apartment, and was there for two years before we bought this home. Enough packing and unpacking to last me a LONG time! My mum was a pack rat, and even though she died in 2011, we are *still* going through boxes of "stuff", so it's almost as we were unpacking again.
    No more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think that it is pathetic at all to get involved in the life of the characters in books. It happens to me each time I read a Blossom Street book from Debbie Macomber. It is hard not to get pulled into their stories.

    Fridge magnets can be lots of fun. :)

    Your #8 is wonderful. It is like Heavenly Father pulls out all stops with His fall painting. :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you on the moving. Although, I would like to live outside of town, I do not look forward to the move to do it. Maybe we could just rent a bulldozer to move. No, it is not pathetic to get attached to fictional characters. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that song as well!!! Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Upon reading other Hodgepodge posts I was reminded that a piece of fruit or baby carrots and celery sticks are good, too. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fall is my favorite time of year. :) And we love the song Flawless here, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fall is my favorite time of year. :) And we love the song Flawless here, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.