Friday, April 28, 2017

X ~ eXaggerated

I happened to see that a new season of Return to Amish will be starting soon. I don't know the exact date, and I don't care.

I'm tired of 'reality' shows that have exaggerated things so much that it's a challenge to wade through an episode to find tidbits of actual reality.

Breaking Amish, Return to Amish, and Amish Mafia are all so ridiculously exaggerated, fabricated, and filled with outright lies that they should hardly even serve as entertainment.

I find it's both sad and annoying how easily people swallow these lies and believe all this garbage about the Amish. It amazes me how many want to continue believing these sensationalized untruths even after being told that is not how Amish live or operate.

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen any of those shows, but I have scrolled through "click bait" that presents outrageous stories about the Amish. Even before I started following you, I was aware of the fact that there were untruths (outright lies!) being presented as facts.

    My "favorite" was two young people being baptized by immersion in a river; by a clergyman in a short-sleeved shirt, with a clerical collar. Hoo-boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. There was a program on a few weeks ago--only watched the first episode about the Amish producing and selling drugs. People want to believe the worst about everyone. Sad comment on our society. I also despise reality shows. Find me here.LINK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch any reality shows. As far as I'm concerned they are just full of lies and half-truths to sensationalize things and make more money. In fact, we watch very little T.V., there's not much worth watching on there anyway.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that most television has become so profane and vulgar it's not worth sifting through to see. I like my local weather and 2 programs on UpTV, and a few food shows....other than that, nada. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only "reality" shows I've ever watched with any regularity were the ones on PBS, where contemporary people try to live as their ancestors did in a particular time period--Colonial House, Frontier House, and the like. At least they're trying to be educational!
    http://laurelgarver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the ads for that show caught my eye because I saw someone dressed in Amish type clothing. I paused long enough to see that the show looked like a bunch of baloney presented as "reality". Well, there is another show I will never watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.