(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
I don't know how to rate this summer. We've had some good times, and made memories I'll treasure. But I really, really dislike the heat and humidity that comes with summer.
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
My parents both came from large families so I had a LOT of aunts and uncles. I was really close to my Aunt Vernie, and also my Mom's youngest brother. As we grew older we had more and more in common. His youngest three children were all born within months of our oldest three. He and his entire family have become even more special to us in the past ten years. They remained the same, always friendly, and never judgmental even though we left the Amish.
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?
Strawberries and pretzels dipped in chocolate are my favorite! Not the weird chocolate fountain type of chocolate, but the good melted milk chocolate.
We like baby carrots dipped into a cream cheese dip, but otherwise we don't go dipping food into cheese much even though we eat lots of cheese.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.
Apparently I live a rather boring life, because I really can't think of anything right now.
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?
Most recently .... Pinterest board. Even though I really dislike the awful changes made to Pinterest, I'm still using it as I lesson plan.
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
I can't call it a story, but I love when Jesus rose from the grave and spent time with his disciples, and how when he ascended to heaven the angels said we would see him come again. It gives such hope in the midst of a troubled world!
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
I'm not a city person at all, but if I have to choose five cities they would be New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Seattle.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I would also like to thank them for helping me with my homework ... I was able to memorize the entire Constitution of the United States while I waited for my meal.
How's that for keeping things positive in a review about an awful experience at a restaurant? There was more, but for some reason this line especially amused me.