I think it is rather ridiculous how popular it is. Our family is not, and will not be playing.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
I used to have a rock collection as a child. My Dad created a shelf table under our pine trees in the back of our house for me to display them. Somewhere around 7th or 8th grade I bequeathed the entire collection to one of my younger brothers. Not too long after that, it got destroyed when a lot of the trees were cut to make room for our woodworking shop.
I have never camped out, stood in line, or paid a lot of money for a collectible.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
So many moments. Some of my favorites were the lazy days before the humidity kicked in that we spent outside simply enjoying nature and time spent together.
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
I have no patience for things that serve no purpose other than collecting dust. We live in an old farmhouse that seems to create dust astonishingly fast.
Figuratively speaking, I have some projects that are collecting dust, that I need to pick up and focus on again.
5. A favorite song relating to time?
A line from what used to be one of my favorite hymns as a child O God Our Help in Ages Past
Time like a ever rolling stream .......
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
My most frightening/interesting encounter with wildlife was when Sailor was a colicky baby and I was carrying him around outside while he was screaming. A group of deer had been in our cornfield, most of them upon hearing his wails ran back to the woods, a big buck however decided to charge me. Thankfully I managed to make it safely into our phone shanty before he got me.
Recently LV saw something a lot cuter regarding wildlife. There is a certain stretch of road not far from our house that is almost guaranteed to always have a deer or two on it every time you drive through. Several days ago there was a cat hanging out with a deer. They meandered down the road together and finally up over a yard.
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
I would not. I won't even go into details with my thoughts regarding space travel.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Going back to school shopping ..... it's on the schedule for today, and I have two very excited girls here waiting to leave.
Our new school year begins on the 1st. The countdown is happening ..... I hear about it multiple times a day.