Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Do you believe in miracles?

Yes, I do believe in miracles.
 
2. What's a recent fad you admit to trying?

I can't think of any fad that I'm trying. I'm more the kind of person that allows fads to come and go while I stay comfortably, myself.

3. Peppermint-are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite food or beverage containing peppermint?

I really like peppermint. My favorite food containing peppermint is Peppermint patties. Not the York brand though. There is another brand at our local candyland that I like ever so much better.

4. Break the ice, on thin ice, as cold as ice (emotionally, not literally)...which phrase have you run into most recently? Explain.

Probably break the ice. Having been meeting new people breaking the ice seems to be the best way to make new friends.
 
5. Have you ever broken or spilled something in someone else's home? Still friends?

When I was six I accidently broke my Aunt Vernie's treasured candy bowl. We both cried, but remained friends. My parents gave her a new one a few weeks later as a Christmas gift.

6.  'Tis the week before Christmas...are you feeling more like Buddy the Elf or the Grinch before his heart grew?

Buddy the Elf. Final preparations have already been made. The house feels as if it were bursting at the seams trying to contain all the secrets.

7. Share a favorite quote relating to Christmas.

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.  ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

8.  Insert your own random thought here

So excited that one of my brothers is coming to visit this weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers with my morning coffee. Happy holidays
    ria
    http://airforcewife-cabral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays to you!! :) Anyway i forgot to add peppermint patties to mine, they're also good! I'd really only eat peppermint if there's chocolate involved. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost used that quote...it's sweet : ) Enjoy all your family and surprises and yummy treats. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quote from Laura Ingalls Wilder. How nice that you have family coming this weekend!! Enjoy the love! Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quote, I love it! Enjoy your visit with family, and I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

    P.S. I read the post below this one, too. I love that your family is having a homemade Christmas--and your children are quite talented, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that your brother is coming to visit! Having family with you during holidays always makes them seem more memorable. I am happy to tell you that I ordered your Lily books to give to my granddaughters this Christmas. I can't wait to read them together!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quote! Have a wonderful visit with your brother! Wishing you and yours a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your outlook with the 'ice' question this week.

    AND...enjoy your brother's company!!!

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a lot of us that are Buddies here on the Hodgepodge. I like that about us all. Enjoy your brother for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quote. Have a awesome time with your brother. Merry Christmas to you and your family, wishing all things wonderful to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do NOT like mint of any sort. My sister, however loved it, and she also like Mallow-Cups, which I would purchase for her at the local Amish market. She once baked a batch of brownies which had a crème center. She'd put half the brownie batter into a pan, layered candy over it and then topped it off with the rest of the brownie mix. I thought she'd used Mallow Cups, but she'd put Peppermint Patties in the brownies. Yuck! It was a dirty trip to play on an unsuspecting sister. Like eating toothpaste!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.