Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's Beginning to Look....

... a lot like Christmas!

I think I may have mentioned before how this year we're having a homemade Christmas. So far we have been having a lot of fun and by tonight I think we'll be done with our preparations, a full week ahead of time. Yay!

 
Rosebud made a set of potholders for each of the Grandmother's.

 
Sunbeam created a yarn doll.

 
Buddy loved helping shell peanuts to make peanut clusters.

 
Even a power outage didn't cloud our Christmas-y spirit, thanks to the Glo-lite candles a friend introduced to me.
 

And with it snowing beautifully outside right now I think I'll relax, prop up my feet, and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely beginning to this Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that AND snow! You're blessed. Send us some snow please---FL is sadly lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a grandmother, I would be thrilled to receive a handmade gift from any of my grandchildren! I love that your children are doing this. The snow looks lovely. I can't wait to get back to PA for a Christmas visit! I hope there is still some snow while we are there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure did enjoy seeing the kids and some of the projects you all are working on! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think homemade is always the best. Maybe because I'm an avid knitter/crocheter and know how much time and love go into homemade gifts. When I get a gift someone has taken the time to make me I appreciate and love it SO much.
    Your view from the window is beautifully serene. Enjoy!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.