Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Are you settling for something?
I'm very happy with my life, I can't think of anything that I'm simply settling for.

 2.  It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?

I feel sorry for all those who have to work on Thanksgiving. I don't think it's a good thing. I will not be part of the reason why someone else has to work on a holiday, I'll stay at home. If everyone would do the same no stores would have the reason for asking their employees to work instead of spending time with their family.

 3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-

New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.

Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?


I haven't been to any of those cities, but I would love to visit New York City someday.

 4.  When did you last dine by candlelight?

Several weeks ago the children decided they wanted to cook a meal for us and set the dining room table with our best dishes, and a nice arrangement of candles. It was by no means a five star meal, but I enjoyed it more than almost any other meal I've ever had.

 5. What do you have too much of?

Fluffiness.

 6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan?  Did you read the book(s)?  Will you/have you seen the movie?  Will you/have you seen Catching Fire?  No spoilers please!

I have not read the books or seen the movie, so I don't know if I would be a fan or not.

 7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner?  If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.

We will be at home alone. Don't feel sorry for us, we actually really enjoy spending holidays with just our family. We don't do turkey choosing to have a ham and this year also a rack of ribs. Several kinds of salad, sweet corn, dill bread, and regular homemade dinner rolls, potatoes, our traditional Thanksgiving pudding, several kinds of pie and some appetizers, and dips to enjoy later on.

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Snow and ice make today a perfect day to stay inside. Who knows, I might even get some extra treats made for tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Smaller family gatherings can be a nice break from larger ones. When you really get to talk and connect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!

    As someone who has to work on Thanksgiving I liked your answer to #2 the best. Believe me, none of my coworkers actually want to work that day, but we have no choice.

    Thankfully, I just have to work 4 hours. Our store closes late afternoon, which will give most of us a chance to spend part of the day with our families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Thanksgiving! I have adopted a new way of thinking -- all of this month, I have posted on Facebook what I am thankful for. A daily spirit of thanksgiving really does make me happier and a bit more well-adjusted.
    Debbie Rhoades
    ReadingMama922@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Squire and I were married on Thanksgiving Day 1974. This is only the third time the dates have coincided, so we decided to just go out to a nice restaurant for dinner together. Normally, we spend the day with my brother-in-law, and his youngest son and his family. The three of us take turns with Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.