Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.
What great advice packed into one little quote! The world would be a much happier place if everyone practiced that.
I'll try to do my part today and speak only of things I love.
- Snow. I like that the ground has a cover of white and am eagerly looking forward to the snowstorm that is supposed to come this week.
- Sailor's weekly guitar lessons are paying off. I love listening to him play. He's getting quite good at it.
- Good books. I'm currently rereading the Amethyst Heart by Penelope Stokes. It's one of those books that I like reading every year or so.
- My family. I think that's pretty self explanatory. They're my favorite people in the world!
- Butter fried chicken breasts. No seasoning, no breading, just fried to a beautiful deep golden brown in real butter. Juicy, and delicious! A family favorite.
- Chocolate, especially milk chocolate. Need I say more?
- Rugs made by my Aunt Emma. They're simply the best, they last and last, and they don't slip and slide all over the floor.
- Cold water from our well.
- Words spoken by a toddler. Love Buddy's version of names for his siblings, and how he calls our dog, Gypsy, Dippy.
- Tide laundry detergent.
- Stationary, notebooks, and office supplies of all kinds. They make me happy!
- Pinecones. Don't ask me why I like them so well, I'm not sure I can explain.