Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What lesson has failure taught you?

It has taught me that sometimes I'm focused on the wrong things, that it's time to step back and re-evaluate. Failure isn't always a bad thing. Some of the best things that have ever happened to us is because of failure.
 
2. What decision are you glad you made?

Other than my faith and marrying LV. I have never once regretted our decision of leaving the Amish.

3. I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?

Our tree is not up and decorated yet. We usually wait until sometime after Thanksgiving. I have been listening to Christmas music and the girls have been in full blown Christmas spirit for quite a while already. They secured their very own scrawny little tree and put it in their room.

 
4. Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid...which game of cards would you most like to join? 

From the options here, I'd choose Solitaire. My favorite game of cards is Phase 10. LV and I have played that more times than I can count. I love it even though he wins way more often than I do. The children love Uno and Dutch Blitz so we play those quite often as well.
 
5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog...When you're feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the 'can't eat' type?

That depends on the stress. Deadlines looming have a way of making me hungry, but if it's more of an upsetting type of stress I can't eat.
 
6.  Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable? 

I have reviewed products online. Mostly purchases from Amazon, but only if I could give a favorable review.
 
7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday? 

Trying to think. Probably at the supper table last evening when we were all discussing the happenings of our day.
 
8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I have been having some weird blogs pop up on my blog reader even though I never subscribed to them or even heard of them before.

I don't like it, don't like it at all!

7 comments:

  1. I love sitting around the dinner table, discussing the happenings of the day! Some of our best (and most interesting) conversations have taken place in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little 'Charlie Brown' tree : ) I am looking forward to having my grown up daughters home next week, and lots of good talks around the table. I defintely miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dutch Bliss but have only played it a few times. I bought my own game but don't remember how to play it. I'll have to take it out and read the instructions and see if I can figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the days of sitting around the table with all of the children home. Now with only Hubby and myself, although we DO talk to each other, it seems very, very quiet.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tree!! :) I am not quite in decorating for Christmas mood yet.. I need to get through Thanksgiving first. :) Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers!! Love Hodgepodge Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, I love your girls' Christmas tree!! We don't have an extended family get together without the Dutch Blitz cards coming out and all the hollering that goes along with it in our family, as we try to beat the others to the cards..ha ha! Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.