Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Living Life

Q. What have I been up to that an entire week has managed to pass since the last time I did a post?
A. Simply living life.


 
I've been trying to remember to take care of my 45 Day Fruitcake everyday. I'm on day 18 so I still have a way to go.
 
~~~~~
 
I've been reading to Buddy. A lot. He still enjoys some of his baby and toddler books, but his book of choice is Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. He'll bring it to me and sit and listen intently while I read it. He seems to think Fudge is hilarious.
 
 
~~~~~

We have been busy learning new things, for example, did you know that when a violet seed pod bursts, the seeds shoot through the air as far as sixteen feet?

We all found that to be fascinating.

~~~~~
 

Buddy loves animals. When ever he sees cows he will tug at my skirt and hurry me over to a window so I can see them too. Lately they've been camping out behind the house which made my trips to go see them quite frequent.

~~~~~

We have been having friends over, taking the children to their practices, the sewing machine has been humming away, at least as much as a treadle machine is able to hum. The kitchen has been the center of activity as we tried new recipes and did some fun experiments. We're planning a more homemade Christmas so all manner of crafty things seem to be appearing where ever I look.

Evenings have been times of reading books, playing board games, and doing puzzles.

While I was occupied with simply living and enjoying life, my poor little blog got just a tad neglected. I'll try to do better.

2 comments:

  1. Let's see...you have a husband, four homeschooled children, a home to run, pets to care for. I'm glad you took time out for all that you wrote about! We'll somehow survive! Many blessings through Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in, but I think we all understand that life gets in the way of blogging, so no worries! Enjoy! Hope we get to see some of your 'homemade' items, please!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.