1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?
Probably George Washington. I would enjoy hearing his thoughts about becoming the first President of our country and how he felt shouldering that responsibility. And how America compares today with how he envisioned it to be.
2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?
We hardly ever go out to eat but a meal at Ruby Tuesday's would be welcome anytime. I was trying to think when the last time was that we went out to eat as a family and was surprised to discover it has been well over a year. I think it's time to do something about that.
3. When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?
There are a few goals that we failed to meet that we will probably always regret to a certain extent. But because of those failed goals we found new ones that we never expected to find and have accomplished a lot since then. So really all is good.
4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?
I enjoy a grapefruit everyday and prefer it served as is. I also enjoy oranges but we don't have them very often.
5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?
I cleaned and organized a closet several weeks ago but, there are still two more that need to be done. I'm waiting until I have time to clean them. There seems to be a lot of things that are more important to do than cleaning closets. And lets not forget closet doors are there for a reason.
6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?
Having one famous person at my table would be terrifying enough for me since I seem to grow an extra elbow, a couple of left feet, and a tongue that keeps tripping over itself when ever someone I don't know very well but respect a lot comes to our house. I guess if three were to come at one time I could let them visit with each other so lets see. Ina Garten, Giada De Laurentiis, and Rachael Ray. Come to think about it, that could be a lot of fun!
7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?
I try to find places to park that I don't have to worry about parallel parking. The few times that I had to parallel park I didn't have any problem doing it though so I'll give myself an eight until I learn not to fear the thought of parallel parking.