Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. George Washington-Abraham Lincoln-Thomas Jefferson...who would you most like to meet and why?

Probably George Washington. I would enjoy hearing his thoughts about becoming the first President of our country and how he felt shouldering that responsibility. And how America compares today with how he envisioned it to be.

2. What's your favorite chain restaurant?

We hardly ever go out to eat but a meal at Ruby Tuesday's would be welcome anytime. I was trying to think when the last time was that we went out to eat as a family and was surprised to discover it has been well over a year. I think it's time to do something about that.

3. When you look back on your life, do you imagine you'll think about the goals you failed to meet with regret? Or will you look at what you accomplished and say: it was good?

There are a few goals that we failed to meet that we will probably always regret to a certain extent. But because of those failed goals we found new ones that we never expected to find and have accomplished a lot since then. So really all is good.

4. Grapefruit-take 'em or leave 'em? Given the choice between an orange and a grapefruit which would you choose? Would you prefer it served as is or squeezed into juice?

I enjoy a grapefruit everyday and prefer it served as is. I also enjoy oranges but we don't have them very often.

5. When was the last time you cleaned out a closet? Is there a closet in your home that currently needs cleaning? What are you waiting for?

I cleaned and organized a closet several weeks ago but, there are still two more that need to be done. I'm waiting until I have time to clean them. There seems to be a lot of things that are more important to do than cleaning closets. And lets not forget closet doors are there for a reason.

6. You get to have lunch with three famous people...who would you like to see round your table?

Having one famous person at my table would be terrifying enough for me since I seem to grow an extra elbow, a couple of left feet, and a tongue that keeps tripping over itself when ever someone I don't know very well but respect a lot comes to our house. I guess if three were to come at one time I could let them visit with each other so lets see. Ina Garten, Giada De Laurentiis, and Rachael Ray. Come to think about it, that could be a lot of fun!

7. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to parallel park?

I try to find places to park that I don't have to worry about parallel parking. The few times that I had to parallel park I didn't have any problem doing it though so I'll give myself an eight until I learn not to fear the thought of parallel parking.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm sharing a picture thought. Our little Phillies baby.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun lunch group. And the baby is SOOOOO adorable!! =D

    Have a fun week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to join that lunch group also! darling photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww, your random photo....#8 just melts my heart.

    Never heard of Ina Garten [guess I live under a rock]


    MY LINK: DOWNTOWN PARK [you'll need to scroll down below my photo shares to read if you chose to stop by to visit!!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of your adorable baby boy. He's certainly not a random thought, but I'm so thankful that you shared him with us.

    Regarding #6: I have a feeling that with those three ladies at the table, particularly Rachael Ray, you wouldn't have to worry about talking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to all of the above - I want to be there at that lunch party! While I'm there, I want to hold little Buddy on my lap the whole time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buddy is so sweet...and getting !

    Tripping over your tongue...? I'm so glad I'm not alone in that! My worst was when I met Paul McCartney about 34 yrs ago. I hemmed and hawed and finally said, "I used to be one of your biggest fans!" He smiled a mischievous smile, looked me right in the eye as he leaned in, and said, "Used t'be?! Used t'be?! Well, don't stop NOW!" (I was so embarrassed! I was a big fan when he was with the Beatles...but when I met him and his wife, Linda, they were Paul McCartney and Wings, a group I wasn't very familiar with)

    Hootin'Anni...Ina Garten is the Barefoot Contessa, of East Hampton, NY...and she's a chef on the food channel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Sweetie...
    I so enjoyed your write today. I love of course, absolutely love that random photo. How precious is your little Philly baby. Just priceless.

    Loved hearing about the things your do. Can you imagine what George would tell you about his feelings for such an important job he took on.

    Ruby Tuesday is a fun place to eat. Yum. I love that one.

    Failed goals, we never fail you are so right. We only partially complete. Some more than others.

    Now grapefruit, not for me. I love a good juicy orange, but no grapefruit for me.

    I too have been cleaning out closets. I always seem to do that after the first of the year. Spring cleaning I guess.

    Ooh I too love Rachael Ray. Wouldn't she be fun to have lunch with? I adore her.

    Thanks for sharing sweet friend. I so enjoyed my visit today. You always make my heart "happy". Have a glorious day. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS....here is a free link for a QR Code [for scanning on smartphone, etc.] for your blog.

    http://easyqrcodegenerator.com/

    If you have questions, just let me know in my comments, I'll be glad to help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I loved your answer to #3!! And, by the looks of #6, you must be a Food Network junkie. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your picture thought. What a cutie!

    And whadayaknow, I just had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays for the first time today. Very nice! (We don't eat out a lot either.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your three famous people choices would really be fun...and probably tasty! Enjoyed your humorous thoughts included in that one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Random thought coming right up!...Awwwwwwwwwwww!!! So Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.