Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

We really like cinnamon rolls and often enjoy pancakes too so when I heard of cinnamon roll pancakes I knew it was something I had to try.

They turned out to be absolutely delicious!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

1-1/3 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 Tbsp melted butter
1 egg
¾ tsp. salt
1¼ cup milk

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Melt a little bit of butter or lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet until it's just hot enough to make a droplet of water hiss and sputter when you drop it in the skillet. I use a ¼ cup measure to pour the batter into the pan and then add the cinnamon swirl.

Cinnamon Swirl

½ cup melted butter
¾ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

Mix well. It works best if you make this before you make the pancake batter so that it has time to thicken. You will need to stir it every minute or so to make that the butter doesn't separate. Once you are ready to start frying the pancakes spoon this mixture into a Ziploc bag and then cut off a wee little corner. Right after you put your pancake batter into the skillet squeeze some of the cinnamon mixture on top in a swirling motion.


Proceed with the usual method of making pancakes. You will want to wipe the skillet between each batch since it gets syrupy and you don't want your pancakes to taste like burnt sugar.

Once you have fried your pancakes make a glaze to use on top instead of maple or pancake syrup.

Glaze

4 Tbsp softened butter
2 oz cream cheese
¾ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla
milk

Mix the first four ingredients well and then add a tsp of milk at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Drizzle over your pancake and enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. These look amazing! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL make these! Thanks for sharing the receipt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a recipe like this floating around Pinterest.. I'd like to try them, but am not sure my husband would be a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll have to try these on a day that I don't have time to make the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look incredibly delicious! I just know my "men" will love these...thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was doing fine til I got to the glaze ... then I gained weight :-( Thanks for sharing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary Ann. These sound delicious. I love cinnamon rolls too and like pancakes. I have company coming to visit in less than 2 weeks. I was wondering how many pancakes did you get from this recipe? I think I'd like to try them when they visit. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look amazing!! ;) Thanks for the recipe!

    Blessings,
    Mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look ridiculously delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will have to do these very soon. They look sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all things cinnamony so I will definitely be making these delicious looking pancakes! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been a quiet follower of your blog, but I have to comment on these pancakes...they look yummy and I am going to try them tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay! I was just going to make German pancakes & sausage for supper---but am going to give this a try now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOODNESS, LOL, those look divine !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made these Sunday morning and they were melt in your mouth divine!! Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh yum! I had to bookmark this recipe...looks delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.