Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?

We get a CPA to take care of getting everything done properly. It's hard enough for me to simply have to sign my name on the completed forms.
2. Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?

I will have to go with love on this one. There has been pain in our life but love got us through those times.

3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.

I don't think the color could be found anywhere in my house and I am not planning to add it this year. Shades of orange are my least favorite color and thankfully I'm quite comfortable not following trends and fashions so I don't feel obligated to learn to like it.

4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?

I collect cookbooks and yes, I use them regularly. I really enjoy trying out new recipes and so far the rest of the family have been eager taste testers.

5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
Most recently we have been enjoying fish baked to perfection and then drizzled with a lemon juice and olive oil mixture and sprinkled with salt and pepper.

6. When was the last time you had car trouble?

I think it was back in October. And I have no idea what the problem was. Mechanic vocabulary has a way of going right over my head while I stand there with a glazed helpless expression in my eyes something very similar I'm sure to what LV feels when I browse the fabric section in Wal-Mart.

7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
Starting today I'm planning to be less demanding on myself.  The past few weeks I was trying to get too much done and not being very successful at it which left me feeling frustrated and a little discouraged.  I was trying to write for book three and little Buddy kept interrupting me every 250 words or so.

After talking to LV about everything last night he helped me put things into perspective a little better and I'm feeling renewed again. I have no doubts that I'll make my deadline but for the next few weeks I won't be dangling a daily word goal over my head that I wasn't able to reach any way.
8. Insert your own random thought here.

Rosebud and I finally made the first batch of Christmas candy yesterday. Since I wasn't able to make it for Christmas we are getting to enjoy it five weeks late. As a matter of fact I think we enjoy it more than we would have on Christmas.

11 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law collects cookbooks too. She gave me one from the early 1900s that has only 3-diget phone numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I really enjoy reading your thoughts. As for Buddy's interruptions, little people have a way of adjusting our lives a bit, and there's so much joy in that! I always feel that the important things get done, regardless of what causes the slow down.
    In regard to orange: YUK! The only place I want ANY shade of that color in my life is on fruit and in the sun rises and sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to these posts on Wednesdays. I'm off today so I may just hop on board later today. I'm glad you love cookbooks because one of my favorites is from Y-O-U. Later tater ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3--tangerine tango. I was intrigued by the name, because orange is my favorite color. Tangerine tango is a bit too orange for my taste, though--so I won't use it in my decorating scheme.

    Thanks for a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.The Lord of the Manor keeps all of our checking accounts on Quicken, and then files with Turbo Tax. He filed our taxes a couple of days ago. We did have to hire a professional to do my mom's taxes after she died. (You'll notcie I said "he"; I have dyscalcula. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

    2. I agree with you on Love.

    3. When I wear orange I look as if the undertaker forgot to close the lid. Scratch that idea!

    4. I make minatures, cook, and teach history. I collect all sorts of things. Love old cookbooks. I have one recipe for Hassenpfeffer that starts out "First, catch your rabbit". That has become a bit of a motto for me. First, catch my rabbit!

    5. We've been vegetarians since we got married 40 years ago. The doctor told me my last EKG was "text-book".

    6. A few weeks ago my car started making a horrible noise. Turned out I'd caught a twig in the fan belt!

    7. I'm trying to be less demanding of myself. I tend to volunteer for everything!

    8. You're making Christmas candy, and TODAY I am going to get the creche packed away! Or leave it for next Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah. Cookbooks. I might have a few of those too : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to add that color to my house because I like pizzazz like that but it really wouldn't go with anything!!!

    I had to laugh Question #4 - You are the ultimate collector!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your #6 made me laugh! That's totally me. The funny thing is when it's obvious I'm glazed over yet they keep talking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are making the Christmas candy now. My husband's birtday is a week after New Year's Day and he is always to tired from all the running around and celebrating to enjoy it. This year, I told him, "Well, why don't you just pick another day for your birthday? Then you can relax and enjoy it!" So he did - he picked a date at the end of January that fluctuates because it is the day a certain football game (?) is played. We had a nice relaxing dinner with our children and a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been fond of orange in a house. When I was in high school a friend of mine had a bedroom with half of the walls painted purple and the other half orange. It was horrendous. I'm glad that you're being easier on yourself this year. A new baby in the house changes things, and it's best to just enjoy his babyhood while you can. Your kids won't be kids forever. Enjoy them now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love cookbooks, that is the kind of collection that I would be able to get behind, bit fun and useful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.