Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I'm joining in the Wednesday Hodgepodge again today by answering all the questions Joyce at From this Side of the Pond asks.
1. The Hodgepodge falls on the last day of February this year, a leap year. How will you spend that extra day?

I wish it really would feel like an extra day to me. I could use a lot of those! Today I'll be cuddling and caring for Buddy, answering the countless questions and listening to all the chatter from our children, taking care of all the daily dozens, and try to get a certain amount written for the book series I'm working on.

2. What has recently required a leap of faith on your part?

One of the biggest leaps of faith we have made recently (as in a little over a year) was moving half way across the country.

3. We're one week into the season of Lent...are you marking these 40 days in some way? Giving something up or adding something extra to normal life? How's it going so far?

We have never observed Lent. As a matter of fact I had never even heard about it until several years ago.

4. When was the last time you sat beside a fire?

We used to have a a beautiful fireplace that was used as the main source of heat in our house. We spent a lot of time reading in front of it. Since moving we haven't had any type of fire to sit next to.

5. Surf and Turf is on the menu. Do you order as is or do you ask for just the surf (lobster), just the turf (steak), or a menu so you can select another option?

Since I don't care for steak at all I would have to go with surf.

Wait a minute. ..... I do like to consider all available options so I'm pretty sure I would request a menu.

6. If you could have any television program back, not in reruns but in new episodes, what program would you choose?

I think I would have to choose more than one.
  1. Andy Griffith
  2. Hazel
  3. The Brady Bunch
  4. Little House on the Prairie

7. They say an elephant never forgets. These days would you say your memory is more like an elephant or a gnat?

So far I have been blessed with a good memory. Something I never want to take for granted!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Our week has taken an unexpected turn when we received the news that one of our dear friends lost their son very unexpectedly.

Death can seem so harsh and final. Even with the hope of meeting again in heaven someday. A young vibrant life has been cut short and no one is ever ready for that.

So today more than ever I want to make these moments with my family count.

5 comments:

  1. So very sorry for the loss of your friend's son. How incredibly hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making moments count is what make life worth living. May God comfort the the hearts that are grieving right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers are sent to your friend after the loss of their son. SO sad. I hope that they are able feel his comfort in these days and weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's son...so heartbreaking. Praying for the family and all those left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about the loss. I mentioned to my mother-in-law last night that Dad's sudden death a little over a year ago still makes me try my best to enjoy my family. You never know when you won't have that.

    Became a follower. Looking foward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.