Thursday, April 8, 2021

G ~ Great is Thy Faithfulness

     Though I had always loved singing, my world of hymns really expanded once we left the Amish church. 
    One of the first hymns I learned after leaving was "Great is Thy Faithfulness" 
    Hearing it, or singing it always transports me back to a little Mennonite church in Missouri, and the feeling of overwhelming gratefulness at the goodness of God and how He had saved us.
    I was singing it today and on a whim decided to see if Youtube has a nice version to listen to.
    I tried several, but this one is my favorite.

5 comments:

  1. That's lovely. We sing that in the Episcopal Church, but to a different tune. It is one of my favorites as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a hymn-lover too, Mary Ann. Each has it's own special meaning and message...and directing our hearts back to the One of whom and to whom we sing! Great is Thy Faithfulness is a wonderful one, and I learned it to this tune also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved this hymn. I have Mennonite roots and still have many conservative Mennonite relatives. When we get together we always sing accapellla, of course, in beautiful 4 part harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh if only the LDS church believed what they sing. This was one of my Mom's favorite hymns and mine too. Done beautifully here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.