Wednesday, November 8, 2017
In the groove seems to fit my life quite well. School is going smoothly and our daily schedules seem to be flowing nicely. Most of 2017 had been in somewhat of a topsy turvy state, so to finally be in more of a groove feels lovely.
2. What is it about somebody else's style of work (coworker/employee/shared volunteer project/household chore) that makes you crazy? Why?
A certain child of mine who shall remain nameless drives me a little "crazy" by the way he/she holds a pencil when doing school work. Not the way I taught that a pencil should be held, but the work gets done so it continues being held uncomfortably.
3. What's a tradition that always makes you feel at home?
A daily tradition ... having the entire family gathered at the table to eat.
Holiday traditions ... we've made so many of our own, but one thing I've carried over from our previous life aka Amish is having our traditional Thanksgiving pudding. It's still my favorite Thanksgiving dessert.
4. A favorite song with a girl's name in the title or lyrics? Any reason why this is a particular favorite?
Mary did you Know, by the Pentatonix
Yes, it's a Christmas song, but I love it any time of the year. It gives me shivers, just listening to it, and the Pentatonix sing it beautifully.
5. Share a favorite quote, verse, or saying relating to gratitude or thanksgiving.
Gratitude helps us see what is; instead of what isn't.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Speaking of tradition. Every year I make a 45 Day Fruitcake. Every year I wonder why I mess with the aggravation of making it. Every year once it's time to eat it I think it was worth it. I'm at day 12 of 45 right now. At the beginning of the phase where I ask myself why I do this every year.