Saturday, November 18, 2017

Picture my Week

I was thrilled to find this gorgeous splash of color on an otherwise drab November day. I never even knew a briar bush can become such a thing of beauty.
 

I have been trying to create the healthy habit of going on a walk every day. The girls and Steven made great walking companions, and I somehow even managed to get them to pose for me willingly.


We went to a different area every day for our walk. This one was one of my favorites of the week.


The girls gave me a tour of their childhood "country". We stopped to admire their general store/trading post/giant tree.


Steven's cat loves going on walks with us.


The most brilliant of sunrises was enjoyed this morning. I stayed in the house to take a picture of it through my dirty windows.

 
While the eastern sky was brilliant, Kenneth came in and announced that there's an equally brilliant rainbow in the western sky. LV ran out to get a picture of it. The picture doesn't do it justice. Who knew rainbows appear before 7 A.M. in the middle of November.
 

24 comments:

  1. I am a daily walker too... but my views are not as pretty as yours. But dont you just love the colours in nature this time of year. Have a wonderful weekend
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where we live, this time of year the colors of nature are drab browns and grey which made the discovery of this pretty bush with its pink-ish leaves a happy discovery.

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful photos! I love the idea of a daily walk. What a great habit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a daily walk a lot more than the actual daily walk. Especially when it's cold.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful photos...especially of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the photos of your walk, your children and the lovely sky pics too. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed. Hope your Sunday was a blessed one as well, and your new week is off to a lovely start.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed "walking" with you. What glories are in the skies just for us to enjoy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blog you have! thanks for visiting my blog, I have spent the day reading and the wind is blowing something fierce outside. A good Saturday to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to have something to read when the weather is unfavorable.

      Delete
  7. I love walking as well. I enjoyed joining you and your pretty, smiling companions.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scenes! We used to have a cat that liked to go for walks, but Bismarck didn't do much walking. He'd walk with you for a while, but come and sit on your feet, wanting you to carry him. Biz would wiggle to get down, sniff around and explore, then come back and sit on your feet again to be carried to the next spot. Spoiled? Not OUR animals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you such an uplifting post :)

    fiona

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place to take a walk. It's so pretty around your neck of the woods. This is a cute picture of the kids. And a glorious sunrise picture. I believe that when we see a rainbow it is a gift. Thank you for the gift of a rainbow on your blog today. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Rainbows always make me reflect on God's goodness. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.