Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?
The hardest one for me would be facing my fears head on. I don't even know how to go about facing my biggest fear. I also have a fear of heights, and I certainly don't see how climbing up high somewhere would help me get over that.
Finding the good in life is the one that is the easiest for me.
2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?
I would probably use it towards buying shoes for the children. They love running in their bare feet when ever the weather is warm enough, but colder weather will be here before too long, hopefully.
3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.
We've been dealing with someone else's ego/power trip way too much these past few days. It's wearying.
Trip over your own two feet, is something I could spend numerous blog posts regaling you with embarrassing episodes of my super clumsy years. Thankfully they seem to be behind me.
4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?
Riding a bike, maybe. It would be nice being able to bike the trail with the rest of the family.
5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book? Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
- Swimming ..... no.
- Ice cream cone .... no.
- Summer blockbuster .... no.
- Camping .... no. They very thought makes me feel itchy, tired, and grouchy.
- Corn on the cob ..... yes.
- Gardened .... no.
- Unplugged ..... not exactly. Though more so than during the winter.
- Watched a ballgame ..... yes.
- Picked fruit of a vine ..... no, but we did pick fruit not growing on a vine.
- Road trip .... no.
- Read a book ..... yes, yes, yes! Love reading and I enjoyed some great ones so far this summer.
6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?
I detest political things. Any question I would have I wouldn't believe any of their answers anyway, so why bother asking?
7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?
My favorite song keeps changing, I honestly don't know what I've listened to the most this summer. Unless you count Rosebud's love of classical and instrumental pieces. She plays one multiple times a day, but I have no idea what it's called.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We've been enjoying the outdoors and recently came across a geo cache. Geo caching is something that has intrigued me ever since I first heard of it. Now that we have accidently stumbled across one, I'm thinking even more that it might be a fun thing to do for our family.