Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-

Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?

The hardest one for me would be facing my fears head on. I don't even know how to go about facing my biggest fear. I also have a fear of heights, and I certainly don't see how climbing up high somewhere would help me get over that.

Finding the good in life is the one that is the easiest for me.

2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?

I would probably use it towards buying shoes for the children. They love running in their bare feet when ever the weather is warm enough, but colder weather will be here before too long, hopefully.

3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.

We've been dealing with someone else's ego/power trip way too much these past few days. It's wearying.

Trip over your own two feet, is something I could spend numerous blog posts regaling you with embarrassing episodes of my super clumsy years. Thankfully they seem to be behind me.

4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?

Riding a bike, maybe. It would be nice being able to bike the trail with the rest of the family.

5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?
  • Swimming ..... no.
  • Ice cream cone .... no.
  • Summer blockbuster .... no.
  • Camping .... no. They very thought makes me feel itchy, tired, and grouchy.
  • Corn on the cob ..... yes.
  • Gardened .... no.
  • Unplugged ..... not exactly. Though more so than during the winter.
  • Watched a ballgame ..... yes.
  • Picked fruit of a vine ..... no, but we did pick fruit not growing on a vine.
  • Road trip .... no.
  • Read a book ..... yes, yes, yes! Love reading and I enjoyed some great ones so far this summer.
Not planning to do any of the no's on the list.

6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?

I detest political things. Any question I would have I wouldn't believe any of their answers anyway, so why bother asking?

7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?

My favorite song keeps changing, I honestly don't know what I've listened to the most this summer. Unless you count Rosebud's love of classical and instrumental pieces. She plays one multiple times a day, but I have no idea what it's called.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We've been enjoying the outdoors and recently came across a geo cache. Geo caching is something that has intrigued me ever since I first heard of it. Now that we have accidently stumbled across one, I'm thinking even more that it might be a fun thing to do for our family.

12 comments:

  1. I'm also curious about the geo caching. We do a lot of hiking, but I haven't investigated this. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear of heights would be a difficult one to conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time facing my fears too. I have been up the Sears Tower in Chicago to "face my fear of heights". I did it and still hate heights! I love going barefoot or in sandals in the summer. It'll be hard to have to wear shoes when it gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not afraid of heights, but one thing I found interesting was that my daughter is, but only if she thinks she's in danger of falling. For example, on a trip to New York City for her 13th birthday, she and I went to the observation deck of the Empire State Building. You can't possibly just fall off - you'd have to scale a pretty high fence first. That didn't bother her at all. On a hike in West Virginia, though, she wouldn't go within 30 feet of any of the overlooks where you (possibly) could fall.

    Geocaching is fun. My daughter was in a geocaching club in the 5th or 6th grade, and we tracked down a few geocaches in Ohio during trips to visit family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you learn how to ride a bike, it is so much fun! Me too, I wouldn't believe the answer of a candidate. I've never done the geocaching but it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. geo caching is something I have heard about but not tried. I think I will add it to my bucket list.
    Dropping by from Hodgepodge Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting to find a geo cache out of the blue! I finally started reading a good book last night after a major slump. Hopefully I'll find time to finish it.

    I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2015/07/hodepodge-72915.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of geo caching but I might try it. I highly recommend biking. I learned late in life and it brought me so much joy to my spirit. Some of my best memories have been riding bike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our youngest daughter used to really enjoy geo-caching. I don't know if she still does it; she hasn't mentioned it lately.

    We have a fantastic family-owned ice cream place near us. They have a diary and the ice cream is made from their own fresh milk. Mary Anne, if I could, I'd send you a big bucket of caramel cashew; you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few Hodgepodgers have answered #1 the same as you, myself included. I get butterflies in my stomach just looking at a photo taken from on high. I enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your answers to Hodge Podge. I have a friend who geo caches. It looks like a lot of fun but I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My grandkids used to 'geo cache' with their youth group. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.