National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?1.July 15th is
The past few weeks I dropped of quite a bit of things at the Goodwill, so as far as material things go, no, I won't be giving anything away.
A kind word, a smile, and a helping hand are a different story, and yes, I'll be doing plenty of that today. If that counts.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
LV and I do the grocery shopping once a week. Getting groceries is the extent of our "date nights" so I enjoy the time we get together even though the actual shopping for groceries isn't too high on my lists of enjoyable chores.
I always make a list. The day before our weekly shopping trip I make our next weeks menu so I know exactly what I'll be needing.
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
Return to Amish. I really don't know why I continue watching it since it nearly breaks the cringe worthy meter. So much about it is fake. What really gets me is when the producers translate things they say in Pennsylvania Dutch and make it appear as if they said something different from what they actually said. Apparently they think no one will know any different, but hello! I can understand Pennsylvania Dutch perfectly. I can also read English, so they may want to think about being honest in their translations. Otherwise I might announce it to the world here on my blog about their discrepancy.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
How did went make the list?
I don't enjoy hearing the word literally, most of the time it's not used correctly, and irregardless isn't even a real word, is it? Either way, I can't stand hearing it being used.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
Why ..... why? An excellent example of why following trends isn't smart.
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” ~ Anne of Avonlea
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's blueberry season! We've been picking when ever we can, and freezing them to make yummy pies and cobblers this winter.