Saturday, July 18, 2015

Mrs. Gore's Diary

Every once in a while I come across a blog that I really, really love.

I don't remember how many years ago it was that I was introduced to Mrs. Gore's Diary, or who did the introducing, but I have been a huge fan ever since. A big thank-you to who ever it was that pointed me in her direction.

What do I love about this blog? Everything.

I love her writing style. I love the posts that make me laugh, the ones that make me think. Seeing her adorable children growing up.

Visiting her blog feels like visiting with a good friend, though she doesn't even know me.



She had me laughing all the way through her adventures of helping her children play on a Slip and Slide.
Her story of a certain bath time episode had me in stitches as I relived similar happenings when our children were  toddlers.
And her post about Momnesia, while funny, was just a tad bit comforting. It let me know I'm not the only one afflicted, and maybe almost doing the laundry using mouthwash instead of detergent wasn't so strange and disturbing after all.

Her posts that make me think. Love them. She so eloquently writes the things I think and feel and yet have never been able to put to words.

Her post about how fast childhood passes, brought a lump to my throat. It was so real, and the day I first read it I had just finished packing away some clothes Buddy had outgrown so it was even more emotional for me.

Her post about motherhood, and how sometimes it is good to be reminded that you signed up for this. And then her follow up post of the flip side.

Several more of my favorite, make you think posts from her are The Dollhouse Effect and one on Child Safety.

She throws the most amazing parties for her children, and recently she shared their vow renewals. If you have a minute or ten, please go check her blog out. It may become one of your favorites as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love her "a breath of fresh air" postings too! Thank you for the recognition of what God's Love looks like. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her blog and YOUR blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.