We don't have air conditioning in our home. I would love to change that, but for the most part it isn't too terrible with the windows open and plenty of fans in use.
When we were Amish and even fans weren't an option we used to get somewhat used to the heat. Being bare footed certainly helped, and on the hottest days the basement used to feel pleasantly cool if we needed some relief.
The hottest I have ever felt was when we were traveling through Texas one summer and stopped at a motel. It was 108º outside, but when we opened the door to our motel room the heat that came rushing out was almost enough to knock you over.
We turned the air conditioning on high and went to do something else for an hour or so in hopes our room would be cooled down considerably by the time we got back.
Some decisions that have to be made. Not really something that's ready to be discussed here.
3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?
A Fruity Fluff Pudding. I haven't made it in years, but it used to be the perfect refreshing summer dessert.
4. When did you last feel like you were 'floating on air'?
This answer seems a little silly compared to some of the major life changing 'floating on air' experiences I have had, but I love the feeling I get when our next years supply of curriculum arrives.
5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead...which have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Going with airhead on this one, and not the candy version.
A certain person was trying to say that hunting for meat or raising your own for butchering was simply barbaric when you could simply go to a store to buy meat instead and no innocent animals would have to suffer.
It's amazing to me how out of touch with reality some people can be.
6. Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity...a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?
I have never been to the Alps, though it has been one of my dreams ever since I read Heidi as a little girl. I'm doubtful I will ever get to see them in person. If I were to go my preferred activity would be a gentle walk and a boat ride around one of the lakes.
7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered 'cool' when you were growing up?
You know, this is one I have no answer for. 'Cool' sayings were highly discouraged in our home. We were taught that we will one day have to give an account for every unnecessary word spoken. We didn't use sayings, phrases, or other words to strengthen statements.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A little over a month ago we got several baby kittens. I could spend hours watching them play, and I'm not even a cat person.
One of the sweetest things is watching our dog, Gypsy, try to take a nap with three kittens snuggled up next to him. He tolerates them very well, until they want to start playing on top of him, or with his ears.