Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Watermelon is my favorite food on the 4th.
We do not fly a flag at our house.
Fireworks, yay and nay. I like seeing a nice fireworks display, but they are illegal in our state unless you have a permit. The hoops you have to jump through in order to get a permit aren't worth it. Having a fire chief come inspect the site where you plan to set off the fireworks, paying a $500.00 bond incase anything goes wrong, and then applying for the permit from the municipality you're in and abiding by any additional rules and regulations they may have. Nope, not worth it.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
I got a few lapbooks for free. (If you don't know what a lapbook is, you can see one I got here.)
Our children love lapbooks, and with Sunbeam being a huge fan of the Little House series I'm sure she will enjoy the set I got for her.
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
I haven't seen any of those. I don't think I have a favorite monument, though I have always wanted to see both The Liberty Bell and The Statue of Liberty.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
I'm somewhere in between. I don't watch the news, but it's basically impossible to not hear about the news if you have a Facebook account. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the whole ISIS thing other than praying for the Christians to be able to stand strong in their faith. I think it's horrible what is happening, but it's not surprising. Coming from a heritage where my people were hunted down, drowned, burned at the stake, and tortured for their faith we would read the Bible and know it will all happen again. Revelations 6: 9-11
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
Ice cream isn't really my thing, but I would choose plain vanilla. Preferably with a warm brownie.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?
This is July, the middle of summer, but the first star related song that came to my mind is: O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem.
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's okay to brag a little on your husband occasionally, right?
This past winter LV took this junk truck that didn't work at all, and really looked as if someone should go ahead and push it off a cliff.
And turned it into this.