Games and puzzles are something we really enjoy in our house. Latest games played were Monopoly, Phase 10, and Dutch Blitz. We tried working on a puzzle that looked somewhat similar to a Thomas Kinkaid, but gave up and put it away because we needed the table space before it was finished.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
Home. My favorite place in the world and I'm thankful for it everyday.
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
I don't take naps, ever. To me life feels way too short to spend any more time sleeping than absolutely necessary. I won't be going on a walk, or shopping. Football ........ try as I may to feign interest, it also feels like a waste of my time when there are so many other things I enjoy more. I'll probably settle for reading a book or playing a game or two.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?
Christmas breakfast! We look forward to it all year.
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
Maybe the green skillets or Wen hair products. I really don't know. I don't pay attention to infomercials and these are the only two that come to mind.
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
We will be doing a homemade Christmas again this year. I have started, but need to kick myself into the next gear if I hope to finish everything in time. I will not be shopping on Black Friday. I feel sorry for those who have to work on Thanksgiving. I'm not planning to do any of my Christmas shopping online.
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
The majestic pine trees beside our house add a splash of green beauty to an otherwise drab brown world. I'll be ever so happy once the beauty of a layer of snow blankets the countryside!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Buddy talks, a lot. The language he chooses to use made me aware that we aren't using nearly as much Amish as we used to. He understands both languages, but will only speak English.