Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?

We manage our own, and it's not a topic I enjoy having a conversation about.

2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.

Top two right now are:

1.) When internet connection is lost. Lately it has been off more than on, which makes it very hard to keep up with emails and get any blogging done.
2.) Getting calls from collection agencies looking for Angela Guthrie. We are getting them multiple times per day and it's getting beyond annoying.

3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?

How to speak fluent Spanish.

4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?

It's disturbing, but I'm not worrying about it.

5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?

I'm going with Nemo on this one.

6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?

We don't watch that many movies, and any we have seen that were based on books have always been a disappointment.

7. What is one story your family always tells about you?

My brother's like reminding me of a certain happening when LV and I were courting. I really don't want to share the whole story here. We just call it the gray socks incident.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

 Buddy somehow managed to get into some poison ivy. Thankfully we still have Ivarest left over from LV's logging days. Using it has helped with the itching. It's nice having something that works to give relief while it heals.

And now we need to go on a search and destroy mission. Poison ivy is not something I want growing in our backyard!

4 comments:

  1. I hated it when we lost internet connection.
    We haven't had that problem for a while..PTL

    Good luck on getting rid of the poison ivy.
    What is lvarest? Or is that a misspelling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ivarest is a cream designed specifically to get rid of poison ivy. We used to get it at Wal-Mart. So far it's the best thing we ever found for quick relief.

      Delete
  2. The Squire isn't bothered at all by poison ivy, but I can get it from his clothing. Fortunately, we live where he can strip down and come into the house in his skivvies. I make a "tea" from jewel weed leaves, and pat that on my poison ivy spots. I've also heard that bleach works well, both to kill the plant and to clear up your skin. For the love of Mike, don't burn the stuff if you find it! You'll need to be hospitalized if you inhale the smoke.

    Someplace in Baltimore there is a man who has the same first and last name as my dad. Every once in a while we used to get collection calls for him, and my dad's been dead for 15 years. Maddening. You have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Thanks for the reminder not to burn poison ivy! That would be terrible if you happened to inhale the smoke. We have lots of jewel weed here, but I never tried making tea with it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.