Thursday, October 9, 2014
1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
We manage our own, and it's not a topic I enjoy having a conversation about.
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
Top two right now are:
1.) When internet connection is lost. Lately it has been off more than on, which makes it very hard to keep up with emails and get any blogging done.
2.) Getting calls from collection agencies looking for Angela Guthrie. We are getting them multiple times per day and it's getting beyond annoying.
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
How to speak fluent Spanish.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
It's disturbing, but I'm not worrying about it.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
I'm going with Nemo on this one.
6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?
We don't watch that many movies, and any we have seen that were based on books have always been a disappointment.
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
My brother's like reminding me of a certain happening when LV and I were courting. I really don't want to share the whole story here. We just call it the gray socks incident.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Buddy somehow managed to get into some poison ivy. Thankfully we still have Ivarest left over from LV's logging days. Using it has helped with the itching. It's nice having something that works to give relief while it heals.
And now we need to go on a search and destroy mission. Poison ivy is not something I want growing in our backyard!