Wednesday, October 15, 2014
1. What's your favorite time of day? Why?
My favorite time of day is early in the morning when every one else is still asleep. As much as I love my family I really do enjoy some quiet time with only me, myself, and I.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
I don't have a waffle iron, a mixer, a blender, or a coffee maker. The toaster is still working, but we prefer pan toast the majority of the time. I would love to have the other appliances someday, but for now they remain on my wishlist.
3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
Hot summer days make me feel irritable and grouchy, as does tax season.
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
I have been to Canada often. Growing up we would have summer vacations there every year. After LV and I got married we went to Canada twice. Once to Toronto and another time for a weeks vacation at Niagara Falls.
Not the biggest fan of Quebec with the primary language being French, but would love to visit the rest of Canada's highlights, especially Banff.
Visiting Prince Edward Island is also on my bucket list, and has been ever since I first read the Anne of Green Gables series.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
One of my favorite foods from when I was a child was fresh homemade bread spread with fresh homemade butter. And yes, it's still one of my favorites.
6. Do you cry easily?
Unfortunately, yes. If something is sweet, like a wedding or a proposal. Feeling overwhelmed by God's goodness especially when singing certain hymns can make me teary, and then there's of course the normal reasons to cry.
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
We will be doing a homemade Christmas again this year. I think I have basically everything on hand that I need and yes I have already started. There's only 71 days left until Christmas, and if I want everything done by then it's time for me to get started.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It really feels like the Christmas season is just around the corner. Only a handful of leaves are clinging stubbornly to the basically bare branches of the big maple tree here in front of the house. Our church's Christmas pageant practice has started. And I start our fruitcake tomorrow.