Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?

We did take a few afternoons to simply enjoy the beauty of falling/fallen leaves. The children still enjoy making huge piles of leaves and jumping in them, leaf fights, and trying to catch leaves as they fall from the trees.

My housework and what ever else needed to be done could wait until another day.

2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?

Dusting. We live in an old farm house and somehow it seems to get dusty much faster than any where else we have lived.

3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'

Most of the time, not hard. Some instances I might feel like at least saying something in return, but if I  bite my tongue until I give my emotions time to cool off a little I can usually let it go.

4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?

About two weeks ago our checkbook vanished. We basically tore our house apart looking for it. Furniture was moved, drawers were cleaned out, basically every inch of the house was combed in desperation. No, we didn't find it. But every cloud has a silver lining, and in this case the fall house cleaning was done in record time.

5. 'One good turn deserves another'...were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?

As a family it seems to be an equal give and take.

Otherwise something that comes to mind was when a complete stranger directly ahead of us at the checkout paid for our purchases. I'm guessing that was a once in a lifetime experience for us, but something we hope to do someday for someone else.

6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.

Red.

I love strawberries! Choosing red would also allow me to still enjoy apples, grapes, cherries, and pomegranates.

I'd miss pineapples, oranges and mangoes.

Thankfully my diet doesn't require having to choose.

7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween...which 'October' film is your favorite?

I have not seen any of those. Not a fan of anything scary or Halloween related.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

There's still a little time left to enter the giveaway for the first book in my series. Enter here.

8 comments:

  1. I hate losing the checkbook! Hope you find it. I can totally relate to the dusting of old farmhouse. A never ending job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words have become my motto, "Housework can wait until another day!" :)

    A lost checkbook is a bit worrisome. Sorry you didn't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't use checkbooks anymore so I might have trouble finding ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing the checkbook would most likely cause me to lose my mind. Hope it turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of anything scary, either.
    October Sky looks like a safe movie, though I have never seen it.

    I don't know if I could keep a level head about my checkbook missing. Hopefully the bank is helping you out.

    Have a wonderful day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to meet you today on Hodgepodge. You are a wise mother to be able to set aside those pressing household chores for the more lasting benefits of time spent with your children. These reap rewards for a lifetime and yes, the dusting will always be there. I would love to know more about your books. Are they suitable for young readers or adults?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful treat to have your groceries paid for! I would love to do that for someone one day. We need to be on the lookout for opportunity. I'm sure I often miss it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If someone told me I had to eat just one color fruit, I just couldn't do it. I hope your checkbook is somewhere in the house and not out and about. This three day weekend has been great for enjoying fall. The weather is cooperating and the sunrises have been glorious. My house is quite dusty also. And I am not a fan of dusting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.