Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
No one in our house goes hunting any longer. LV used to love hunting and would hunt deer regularly while we lived on a farm. Any deer he got we used, and were so thankful that, that particular animal would not be damaging our crops the next summer. Deer related crop damage used to be awful.
I have tasted rabbit .......delicious.
I've eaten venison ......... hate it!
We have had duck and goose ..... loved both. Especially the duck which I had prepared with an orange sauce.
I would try pheasant if I had the opportunity.
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
Several years ago we went to Mt. Davis and climbed the tower. We were able to look across the mountains and were actually able to see three different states: Pennsylvania, Maryland, and West Virginia. I normally don't like heights at all, but the view was worth it!
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
The only thing bird related in our house is a little salt and pepper set my parents gave me when I was five or six years old.
I started doing this post last evening and was stuck when I got to this question. I woke up in the middle of the night and knew exactly what I wanted to write. I asked myself, "Should I jot it down real quick so I don't forget?"
I decided not to, especially since my notepad and pen are no longer right next to my bed. "I'll be able to remember in the morning." I told myself.
Oh, the lies I tell myself! I can not, no matter how hard I try, remember what it was.
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
His Eye is on the Sparrow
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
The scene in the movie Courageous where the main character dances alone.
If you haven't seen it yet I advise you to have plenty of tissues handy.
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
Nope, no plans. We never went trick or treating as a child. Never carved a pumpkin. Never wore a costume.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's that time of year when we bring in the wind chimes to store them over winter. As much as I love winter, it always makes me a little sad to bring them in. Hearing them chime in the breeze is one of my favorite things.