Wednesday, June 4, 2014
In our school we used to have an end of year nature hike. It was the highlight of our year. Right after our morning school devotions we would hike to nearby woods where we would play all day. Grey Wolf, Hide and Seek, and a few other games were a lot of fun.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
Advertisements. The ones I see the most are for Zulily, Stanley Steemer, Dominoes, and insurance. Most of the time I can ignore them quite easily, but occasionally when I see my books pop up on someone else's site it catches my attention. I know ads are based on my search history, but they really do no good. I never click on any of them.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
Probably everything is coming up roses. Life is good, nothing huge, just simply enjoying life and some opportunities that appear to be knocking on our door.
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
I don't like grilled things, period. We used to have a charcoal grill, but have a gas grill now. The food never tastes good to me when prepared on either grill. I don't like outdoorsy lightly burned, or as others call it, grilled flavor. The last thing I ate that was cooked on a grill was chicken.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
No, the dark does not bother me. It used to when I was a little girl when I imagined snakes and wolves lurking in the basement. Thankfully I grew out of that.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
Flight Number 7. I had almost forgotten about that song, definitely not a favorite, but it's the only thing that comes to mind that has a number in the title.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I think there is a lot of truth to that. I find things that irritate me about others, when I look more closely at myself I actually have some of the same tendencies and I see it is an area in my life I should work on. This isn't always the case and instead it may be something I have to learn to be more patient or forgiving.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The rhododendron bush by our front porch is beginning to bloom. I love it, even if it means that bumblebees seem to love it too.