I am interested in my family's heritage, it's something that I have heard about ever since I was a little girl. The stories of persecution, martyrs, and faith of my Anabaptist heritage have always intrigued me. In addition I have often wondered how Jacob Ammon was able to get such loyal followers, that to this day revere what he started, even though he wished he could take it all back before he died. Strangely enough that is one part the Amish don't speak of when the talk about the most important man in Amish history.
2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying-
"Luck is the residue of design."Agree or disagree? Why?
I agree somewhat. I don't believe in luck. I believe in God's blessings, and hard work.
3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?
Everything is dull brown right now, but since I love being at home more than anything, I'm going to say my favorite green space is our yard.
4. Who is your favorite comedian?
Jeanne Robertson. She never fails to make me laugh.
5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?
We are trying to eat healthier. More salads, less breads. And though I do not consider us to be a health nut family at all, there is something we started recently that definitely qualifies us to be added to that category. Depending on the results, I may have to share it at some later date.
6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.
Does poring over seed catalogs qualify as having a green thumb?
7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting?
At the dentists office, the longer I can put off sitting in that dreaded chair, the happier I am.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As a mother my ears have been tuned to pick up the distress signals from my children. Last evening I heard the heart stopping shrieks of a terrified little girl.
I immediately had all sorts of crazy scenarios flashing through my mind as I ran to see what was the matter.
I opened the door to find Sunbeam traumatized, tears streaming down her face, because there was a lady bug between two of her toes.
Relief and laughter followed.