Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I have enjoyed reading other's answers to a fun weekly questionnaire for quite a long time already and finally decided that I would join in today.
1. Will you be hosting any house guests between now and the end of December? Does that thought make you happy or crazy? Do you do anything special for your guests to make them feel at home? How long should a house guest stay?
Other than having some friends drop in for a few hours at a time our December is looking very relaxing.  I try to make guests feel welcome and at home, as for how long a house guest should stay.... I'll simply quote what Daddy used to say. "Always leave soon enough for your hosts to be sad to see you leave."  In other words don't over stay your welcome.
2. Walter Elias Disney was born this week (December 5) back in 1905 ...what's your all time favorite Disney movie? 

Personally, I am not a fan of Disney movies. We have watched several but they all seem to have an underlying message that we don't appreciate. Of the ones we have seen; Dumbo we enjoyed the most.

3. What was the last thing you purchased that you realized was a mistake after the fact?

A pair of shoes that I loved at the store but after a few hours of wearing them I wished I had never seen them.

4. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?

This year probably around 20% with the remainder being done snail mail. No going to the mall or any of my favorite stores this year.

5. Amaryllis-snowdrop-poinsettia...your favorite winter blossom?

I really enjoy seeing a nice poinsettia. There's something so festive and cheerful about them.

6. What is one thing on your personal Christmas wish list? I think we all want peace on earth so let's make this answer an actual item.

What I would really love to have is a set of shelves built for our storage room so that I'd be able to organize everything in there.

7. If you could only use one word today what would it be?

That's really hard trying to narrow it down to only one word, a single phrase would be much easier. I think I'll have to go with fine. Which would work as an answer to a host of questions I get everyday.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

It seems my random thoughts all have a way of trailing down the same path and I find myself thinking of welcoming our baby.

7 comments:

  1. i just wanted to let you know that last night i started coming down with a headcold. i hate getting them cause they last about 3 months when i get one. i used your vinegar idea last night and this morning. i feel great. no stuffiness. i'm amazed. thanks for sharing your cures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will soon be welcoming 4 family members to our home for a week.They are coming from NY, and late in the week, 3 more will join us, followed by one day with a nephew,neice and their two daughters. FULL INN here next week.
    They will all leave on the 18th, and on the 23rd, 4 more will come for 4 days, with Christmas day bringing other family members for dinner and gift giving. YAY!!!
    As for other questions... the ONE word that I'd choose for all of them is BUSY x5 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, let's see here.
    1. No overnight guests expected, although the Lord of the Manor and I will be hosting our annual Open House this coming Sunday. We've done this on the third Sunday in Advent for the last 35 years. After that, I can concentrate on the spiritual side of the season.

    2. My favorite Disney movie is Cinderella. To me it's about doing the best you can, no matter what, helping others (the mice making Cinderella's dress), and of course - love conquers all!

    3. My dear, darling husband bought me a Kindle. I hate it, but wouldn't dare tell him, as he was SO pleased with it, and thought I'd be thrilled.

    4. We only buy gifts for our Tennessee grandchildren, so those are purchased on-line. All of the other grandkids are adults, so they just get gift cards from Target or Home Depot, depending upon their circumstances. They live out of state, so I hardly know them.

    5. I like to look at poinettias, but I kill every plant that comes into the house!

    6. I want a pair of bootie style bedroom slippers that will stay on my feet. Someone gave me a pair last year that have a rice bag in the bottom. Stick them in the mircowave for 1 minute andthey will keep your toes warm for an hour. Unfortunately, they are so heavy they fall off when I walk!

    7. I need a nap!

    8. I LOVE to cook, and I am in my glory right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing...it was fun reading your questionaire!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing; it was fun reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answer for the "one word" question. "Fine" would cover a whole lot of things depending on how you say it!

    I can also empathize with your "shoes" answer in #3: more often than not that is the case with me - no matter how careful I am.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.