Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Glitch ~ Part Two

On Sunday morning when I woke up my ankle was swollen and throbbing. Mom and Daddy decided I really do need to go have it checked out.

After an x-ray proved that my ankle was indeed badly broken, the doctor sat down and explained that they would have to do surgery and suggested we make an appointment for the following day to meet with a surgeon. After securing my ankle in a boot and giving me a pair of crutches they sent me home.

I didn't want to have surgery done and asked Mom and Daddy to not make an appointment. That I was sure my bones would mend without surgery. Since I was eighteen they let me make the final decision and I opted to fore go surgery.

When we got home Mom helped me get everything ready like I wanted before LV came. My ankle hurt to badly to be moved more than absolutely necessary so John made the last round through the house for me closing the curtains and then waited to let LV into the house before going to bed.

It wasn't long before I could hear LV's footsteps on the porch. I listened as John opened the door and said a few words to him and then headed upstairs. LV came into the living room and sat next to me. It wasn't long before my foot was forgotten as we discussed plans for our wedding. We decided to get married the Thursday following my 20th birthday. There were still a lot of other details that we needed to plan but for tonight we were happy having chosen our wedding date and we spent the rest of the evening talking about our hopes and dreams for our future together.

1 comment:

  1. What!? You never had it casted or anything? Does it ever still give you problems - I know you do a lot of running after calves and such? LOLOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.