I probably qualify on that scale to come in somewhere around a 2. All I do is put up a tree. That's it as far as decorations go. We usually put it up on the day after Thanksgiving.
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
We don't have any type of nativity scene. I really don't care for them. (Duck and hide.)
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
We live in a very neighborly neighborhood, and I love it! It's a rare day that we don't see or talk with any of them.
4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
In my attempts to not procrastinate this is ringing especially true right now. Even though it means dusting more often, writing when I don't necessarily feel like it, and a lot of other things that are easy to push off.
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
As much as I love the weekend, I'm always ready for Monday morning to arrive. I like getting back to the usual schedule of things, and get started on everything I have planned for the week.
I have always loved Poinsettias. We used to have Christmas cactus. Those pretty blooms always made me happy. Right now I don't have any house plants.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.
"Aaah! Fra-GEE-leh! It must be Italian!" from The Christmas Story.
I don't even like that movie, but that quote always made me chuckle. We made a family pact to not watch it for a long time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Winter seems to be a long time in coming. Yesterday we finally got some freezing rain. It's not my favorite, but look how pretty.