Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
A mix of both, I think. I'm not the most people-ish type of person. I usually get quiet and observe things from the sidelines when I'm in a group setting. I'd rather have some task to do, than have to mingle. But on the other hand I really enjoy talking/visiting one on one.

 2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.

I don't own any pearls.

Life is short, eternity is long. Keep your focus on what truly matters.

3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?

I have never even seen an oyster in real life.

I have no intentions of ever trying to eat one. The very idea seems unpleasant to me.

4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?

I would choose my widowed sister-in-law as Woman of the Year. Not only is she an incredibly strong woman, she has a heart of gold. I can't even begin to tell you all the ways she deserves to be recognized and honored.

5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.

I have a scarf, that I never wear, in that color. I don't wear greens, not that I don't like the color .... the color doesn't seem to like me. Makes me look ill, which happens to not be a look I'm going for.

6. Today I've had too much________________________.

Today is only beginning and so far I've not had too much of anything.

7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.

Joy to the world, the Saviour reigns.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

December is always a really busy month for us. On top of all the Christmas related things that are going on there are a number of birthdays in our family as well. The one we celebrated most recently involved its traditional treasure hunt that Sailor started years ago when he struggled with spelling and his clues were easy to solve. This year's clues were much harder.

For example .... who gets this one?

29 comments:

  1. My sister's birthday is the day after Christmas which is actually a lot of fun and another excuse for family to be together (and eat! ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greens make me look like I just threw up. Yikes... can't solve the question. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, green makes me look a bit off, too. And I am not eating an oyster...ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you'll later provide the answer to that one; I'm stumped.

      Delete
    2. Answer to the clue ... our oven.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a hectic month, love the idea of a Treasure Hunt. Thank you for your visit, I do hope you will visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A treasure hunt is Sailor's way of giving his gift to the birthday person. I think we'd all miss it if he ever stopped.

      Delete
  5. Green doesn't work well on me, either...not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pearl of wisdom is one of the best I've read, so far.
    We have 3 December birthdays in our family. It's hard to fit everything into one month!
    I have no clue what the answer could be to your #8 clue...
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took us a while to figure out the answer to the clue was our oven.

      Delete
  7. Birthday's in December always add something to the time.
    we always had a treasure hunt at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I enjoy December birthday's a little more every year. It's fun having so many celebrations in one month.

      Delete
  8. Love reading your answers today, it always helps me feel I know you a little better. I'm not a fan of oysters either, also I have tried them when we were visiting the Oregon coast. We only have one December birthday, early in the month so it's not too hectic here. Love your pearl of wisdom and Christmas song choice. He is the Saviour and He does still reign!
    Blessings always,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betsy!

      I would love to visit the Oregon coast one day.

      Delete
  9. Great pearl of wisdom, and I like your idea for woman of the year. And that clue ... absolutely, no idea. Hope you'll share the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stumped me on the treasure hunt clue! I hope you share the answer with us. It will probably make a lot of sense when we know the actual answer but for now.... nothing, nada, zilch, zero! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our oven .....

      It has an oven light, but we rarely use it.

      We have on occasion burnt some cookies ..... without the use of a flame.

      Delete
  11. I'm right there with you on the sidelines at parties and events, I just don't do well in crowds, but like you I can have a great conversation on-on-one. I thought it was the Microwave...I was on the right track. Hope you have a great week.
    Cheers!
    lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dad's birthday was January 2nd. He always said he celebrated by going back to school or work! It's hard enough trying to find one gift for a man who doesn't smoke or wear neckties, never mind two back-to-back.
    I can wear green - it matches my eyes - but oh, heavens! you should see me in yellow. I can't close my eyes for fear somebody will try to bury me.
    And once you get up the nerve, oysters are really very good. But it took me a long to time to try them. You know, our ancestors must have been desperate to eat some of the things they tried!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our oldest daughter's birthday is the week before Christmas. We don't do any decorating until than. On that day, we celebrate her birthday and a sort of "First Christmas".

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is always such a fun post and a good way to get to know someone better! I'll try to start taking part in the new year! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dad's birthday was on Christmas Day. He used to complain about being cheated out of birthday presents, and he was mostly right. My husband and I decided on greenery for our bedroom, although I don't think that was how the paint chip was labeled.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green is supposedly a good color for me because I have brown eyes. It looked really good on me as a little girl, when my hair had lots more red in it. I think it is a pretty shade of green.

    My daddy's birthday was Dec. 3. He went to Heaven on Dec. 9. My parents wedding anniversary was Dec. 7. Our oldest daughter was due on Dec. 13, but born on Dec. 18. It's a happening month for us, too. May and June have December beat by a long shot, though.

    Your sister-in-law sounds like an incredible woman. May Heavenly Father bless you all with a very Merry Christmas and a beautiful, happy, and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Other than plants I now notice that I hardly have anything in green. Interesting.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh! Oysters?! I've never tried them and have no intention of ever slurping one of those slimy boogers down. Gross! I found your blog through my blog... You commented on my last post. Thank you for your comment! I don't get very many, so each one means a lot! Have a very happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.