It is not an easy trouble free life they imagine it to be.
Amish are afflicted with the same kinds of troubles that anyone else faces.
- Financial ~ Every family is responsible for their own finances, making mortgage payments, and paying any other bills they may have.
- Health ~ Contrary to some reports I have seen, Amish seem to have all health related issues that anyone else can have. Cancer, heart attacks, depression, etc. Plus they have some other problems that are basically unheard of outside of the Amish.
- Rules that are enforced by public confessions and shunning.
- Hidden sins that hurt others in the community, but are never dealt with properly.
- Church problems that need to be handled by their own unique court system.