Saturday, April 18, 2015

P ~ Pranks

Being the only girl in the family and having five brothers who all enjoyed a good prank I was often found at the receiving end of their shenanigans.

When LV and I started courting it felt as if their pranks were taken to the next level. They would wait at one of their bedroom windows that happened to be directly above the door where he would be standing until I opened it to invite him inside.

Being prepared to drop a big quilt down on top of him, or any other diabolical things they had rigged up to be triggered when the door opened, was their idea of a fun prank. It didn't take LV long to learn not to be too trusting and become very aware of his surroundings when approaching that door.

They took things a little further, by tucking embarrassing sound effect devices under the couch cushions which of course made their designated sounds when we sat down.

Life has changed a lot since then. I haven't been pranked for a long time, but I have to smile because they are now raising a new generation of pranksters. Maybe with a little whispered encouragement from their aunt, my nieces and nephews will turn the tables and prank their unsuspecting dads.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I would have liked living with such pranks. Glad they are getting their just desserts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two younger brothers and a sister, so they were busy getting into mischief on their own. No need to antagonize me too much - unless I was babysitting for them, come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! You should encourage nieces and nephews to do a little pranking on your behalf! All in good fun, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post. Poor LV! I can imagine that it took him quite some time to get used to their antics. It should be great to see what your brothers' children do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post, but I'm not really into pranks. People can take them the wrong way and its not worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.