Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Yesterday people were out searching for a small airplane that had crashed. Someone had seen it go down and called 911. The weather was terrible with torrential downpours, but that didn't keep the community from coming out and helping with the search.
They found what the person had seen, simply a bunch of birthday balloons that had been swept away in the wind.
I'm glad it wasn't a plane crash, I'm also glad I wasn't the person that called 911 to report it.
2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
A rack of ribs. I find most grocery runs I have to leave things there that I want, but don't really need.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
We have burgers several times a week. Last time I had one was on Monday. If I go out to eat I never order a hamburger. Beef is my least favorite meat, so if I have the option to have fish or some kind of seafood I'll take it, with chicken and pork being my number two and three choices.
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
I don't think they have changed. My children are still my top priority, the house doesn't have to be perfect, I will pass up on "opportunities" if they would hurt the most important part of my life, quality time with my family.
5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
Oh my, there are so many of them. One of the things I treasure the most though was the year before my Grandpa passed away I would go to their house every evening with some kind of little treat I had cooked or baked. Grandpa was bedridden and hardly had an appetite, but he looked forward to seeing what I would bring, the next hour or two he would spend telling me memories of his childhood, teenaged years, and early married life.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
When it comes to working in the kitchen, a ten. I don't have a problem cooking a big meal and having to multi task to make it all come together at the right time.
Out of the kitchen, maybe an 8 or 9. I usually have multiple things going at one time, even when I'm sewing it is common to have Buddy perched on a chair next to me with a book that I read to him.
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
May was a very pleasant month filled with ordinary days. I can't think of any highs or lows.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
There are half a dozen tomato plants sitting on the porch waiting to be planted. With all the rain we have been having it looks like it will still be a couple of days before they get transplanted. I'm hoping they do well, we live in a hollow where wildlife roams freely. Deer and raccoons I'm fearing will be our biggest troublemakers.