Only a few more rooms and I will officially be done with spring house cleaning. Yesterday we tackled the living room. It felt like a bit of a mayhem when everything was pulled apart.
A description I heard from a certain boy who apparently is tired of the whole housecleaning scene. "Housecleaning is the dumbest thing, you pull everything apart, make a huge mess, then put everything away and say it looks so much better now."
2. When did you last feel dismayed?
Nothing really serious, but I was a little dismayed when I went to pay some bills and discovered I was out of stamps.
3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange?
Homemade bread slathered with butter and drowned in a heap of fresh peaches.
4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not?
I think it's both true and untrue. I think it's great to follow your dreams and live up to your potential even if you get a late start, but I do think there is a point in time when it is too late. This is why I like looking ahead and asking myself, "What will I consider to have been important once I'm eighty and looking back over my life?"
5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmond VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA.
Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person?
Santa Fe NM
The two places I would like to see are:
6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose?
Probably go for a walk.
7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up?
The people, the fresh mountain air, actually it's hard thinking of something I didn't like about the area I grew up.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's that time of year when hiking on nearby trails is a fun way to spend a few hours every once in a while.
Hop over to their blog, Appalachian Journey, to see their latest adventures.