Wednesday, January 22, 2014

100 Things About Me

  1. I enjoy sewing, but not with an electric sewing machine. I'll stick to my treadle machine while I try to teach my daughters how to sew using an electric model.
  2. I don't like bar soap. Just the thought of having to touch a bar that has been used even once, makes me shudder.
  3. I love reading, but half the time I reread favorite books instead of trying new ones.
  4. I cried like a baby the first time I read "Where the Red Fern Grows"
  5. I love apples. Honey Crisp are my favorites, but there's no way I'm paying close to $200. for a bushel.
  6. I like winter a lot better than summer.
  7. I love pretty dishes.
  8. I broke my left ankle in a freak accident while working in my grandparents new house.
  9. I still like when businesses give calendars to their customers.
  10. Fresh, cold  water from our well is my favorite thing to drink.
  11. I don't drink coffee, ever.
  12. I like the idea of drinking tea, but don't enjoy it when ever I do.
  13. I love Italian food.
  14. I used to love climbing trees.
  15. I used to have a kitchen that had a brick floor, and I wallowed in self pity every time I had to clean it.
  16. I love bacon.
  17. I think adding cheese makes almost everything better
  18. My favorite candy bar is Clark, but only in the fun size.
  19. I love Amish church peanut butter.
  20. I always cry at weddings.
  21. I love thunderstorms. Again. I used to hate them when we lived in Missouri. The difference of severity of storms between those and the ones we have here is similar to comparing a lion and a kitten.
  22. I can play a harmonica.
  23. I collect cookbooks, and choose a different one every week to plan menus.
  24. I love rainy days.
  25. I do not love fog. It makes me feel slightly claustrophobic.
  26. Shrimp used to gross me out, but I learned to like them around two years ago. Now I can't get enough.
  27. Gladiolus are my favorite flowers.
  28. I had an imaginary sister when I was a child. Her name was Magdalena.
  29. I once won a recipe contest, my prize was a meat thermometer.
  30. I used to sleepwalk and once woke up to find myself trying to climb out my bedroom window.
  31. I don't think camping is fun.
  32. I do not consider buying the weekly groceries as going shopping.
  33. I can tell when bad weather is coming because my previously broken ankle will hurt.
  34. I have a scar on my right hand from a sledding incident in school.
  35. I used to dread recess in school. Writing was ever so much more fun than playing outdoors.
  36. Store bought bread used to be a rare treat when I was growing up.
  37. If I had been born a boy my name would be Ervin.
  38. I detest cleaning a stove.
  39. Cast iron is my favorite type of cookware.
  40. I have over eighty mixing bowls, most of them in the attic. All of them wedding gifts.
  41. Mystery books were banned in our house when I was a girl.
  42. I loved that my teacher read mystery books to us everyday after noon recess before we settled back into our lessons.
  43. I think garden gnomes are very creepy.
  44. I have several two dollar bills that I refuse to spend.
  45. I enjoy jigsaw puzzles.
  46. I like houseplants, but they would all die if LV didn't care for them.
  47. It has been several years since I last chewed gum.
  48. I have eaten pickled beef tongue.
  49. I used to sell things on ebay.
  50. LV and I once sang a duet at church. I still cringe at the outfit I wore that day.
  51. I used to have an egg fried until well done on whole wheat bread almost everyday for my school sandwich. I never got asked to trade lunches with other children.
  52. I find text talk extremely annoying when not used in an actual text. C U L8R
  53. I hate ketchup and mustard.
  54. I love sour cream.
  55. I don't wear makeup. I hate how it makes me feel grimy.
  56. I actually enjoy green smoothies.
  57. I drink vinegar water at the first sign of a sniffle and have been cold free since 2010.
  58. I like using bacon drippings instead of butter or vegetable oil to make popcorn.
  59. I don't like having my feet covered when I sleep.
  60. I still have all the letters LV and I wrote to each other before we were married.
  61. I hate seeing someone brush their teeth.
  62. I love taking long road trips.
  63. I whistle, a lot.
  64. I'm on a food journey, continually trying new recipes and foods.
  65. Some days I miss the convenience of having canned hamburger.
  66. I love fruit, but loathe bananas.
  67. I have a curling iron, but find it way too time consuming to bother using it, same goes for a hair dryer.
  68. Songs have a way of taking me back to where I first heard them.
  69. I can hear a song only a few times and be able to sing it.
  70. Hearing someone sing off key really bugs me.
  71. So far in life I haven't met a vegetable I don't like.
  72. I was married before I had my first ever visit to a dentist.
  73. I used to have to wear glasses when I was in 4th and 5th grade. My grandmother insisted it would make that I no longer have gall attacks. They never helped an iota, for my sight or my gall bladder.  My parents didn't make me continue wearing them after being told my eyesight is basically perfect.
  74. I read books purely for the joy of reading a good story. I don't go looking for deeper or hidden meanings.
  75. I still enjoy coloring.
  76. I enjoy cooking steak, but I hate eating it.
  77. I don't have patience to do handwork like embroidery, knitting or any kind of hand sewing.
  78. I love crocheted afghans, but I don't know how to crochet and really doubt I'll ever get serious about learning.
  79. I miss my friends I had while growing up.
  80. I hate snakes, mice, spiders, and basically all insects.
  81. I think ladybugs are cute, I used to play with them when I was a little girl.
  82. I read really fast. I used to read several books per day when I was recovering from an accident.
  83. Baked Alaska fascinates me and is on my list of food for this year.
  84. I love fried pie, but it's too much work to make often.
  85. Mr. Bean makes me laugh.
  86. I have been to 23 states.
  87. I never seem to have enough hours in my day to get everything done I would like to.
  88. I often read the last chapter of a book first. It doesn't keep me from still enjoying the entire book and hoping for certain outcomes even though I know ahead of time how the ending will be.
  89. I love Pinterest. I've found so many great things on there that I wouldn't have otherwise. We have completed loads of Pinterest projects.
  90. I once accidently killed my brother's pet fish.
  91. Milk chocolate is my favorite.
  92. I think white chocolate doesn't qualify as chocolate.
  93. I hate having my picture taken.
  94. If someone tells me where they hurt I often get sympathy pains. (That disappear as soon as they're done talking.)
  95. I want to learn better cake decorating techniques.
  96. I love reading children's books.
  97. I would rather feed squirrels than birds. They are a lot more fun to watch.
  98. Bad drivers irritate me.
  99. I like browsing kitchen stores even though I don't have room in our house for any more gadgets.
  100. I love being a wife and mother more than I ever thought possible.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ann. I loved reading your list and learning more about your likes and dislikes. My estimate is we feel the same way about 50% of them! Maybe we're related. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Ann. I loved reading your list and learning more about your likes and dislikes. My estimate is we feel the same way about 50% of them! Maybe we're related. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I could think of 100 things, but I sure did enjoy your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I love how unique each of all.

    I also think garden gnomes are creepy - I thought I was the only one!!! So glad to hear there is someone else who feels the same way!

    :)
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe they made you wear glasses for your gall bladder. That must have been awful! It reminds me of the ridiculous cures my grandmother swore by.

    I've never tried Amish Church Peanut butter, but it sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your list, and getting to know more about you!

    I'm currently reading book one of your 'Life With Lily' series, and I'm enjoying it very much. I plan to share it with my granddaughter when I'm finished reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your list. I am similar to you in that I love winter, don't care for summer & I HATE watching someone else brush their teeth. Bleah! It was kinda cool to read thru your list & say to myself "I remember that story" a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are ever close to Wisconsin during apple season you can get a bushel of Honey Crisp for $16!! Do Amish make their own peanut butter for church?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thanks so much for visiting me at Adirondack Girl @ Heart and entering my contest. Thanks also for following me--I look forward to getting your updates as well :)

    I hate getting my picture taken as well and I adore children's books! I also like making new friends--glad you participated in this event. Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't mind bugs at all - except roaches (yuck!) - and was never taught to fear snakes. We used to have a lot of garter snakes in the yard when I was a child, and my mom would pick them up, talk about God's mysteries, and then - if I promised to be VERY careful - she would let me hold it.

    I also love to feed the squirrels. We have a six foot length of PVC pipe that we fill with peanuts every morning. The squirrels can get to them We have one squirrel we call Patches (he is missing the silver guard hairs on his left flank) who will come up and sit at out feet until we give him peanuts from our fingers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mind bugs at all - except roaches (yuck!) - and was never taught to fear snakes. We used to have a lot of garter snakes in the yard when I was a child, and my mom would pick them up, talk about God's mysteries, and then - if I promised to be VERY careful - she would let me hold it.

    I also love to feed the squirrels. We have a six foot length of PVC pipe that we fill with peanuts every morning. The squirrels can get to them We have one squirrel we call Patches (he is missing the silver guard hairs on his left flank) who will come up and sit at out feet until we give him peanuts from our fingers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    I enjoyed reading this post, now it makes me want to come up with my own list!
    Also, how do I submit a question for Wednesday Hodgepodge?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Re @ Audrey,

    I don't prepare the questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you click on the little Hodgepodge button I include in each of the Hodgepodge posts it will take you to Joyce, the creator of each week's set of questions. She enjoys hearing ideas for new questions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't like bar soap either! I rather use liquid and cleanse with a foo-foo (thats what i call those sponges) :)That's an interesting list! I am not sure i can come up with 100 though. I did the 25 list on Facebook several years ago but somehow got deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice read-we have a lot in common. What part of Missouri did you live in?? That is where I am!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.