1. Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
I have a weakness for pretty wrapping paper. They all seem to call my name when ever I go to a store. Unfortunately most of the time the only thing I can do is say, "Hi" and leave them there while I use what we have at home.
The percentage of gifts I have wrapped already is a big fat zero. With everything that has happened in our family this year it is a little hard to get into the usual Christmas spirit. We will be getting a gift or two for the children but it will be much more low key than most years.
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
One of the things on my wish list is an egg beater. The handle of my trusty egg beater broke and I really miss being able to use it.
3. What makes a home?
Family, love, laughter.
I love being at home and don't go looking for excuses to leave or places to go. It's like a haven from the rest of the world. A place where we can relax and enjoy ourselves. A place where we can freely laugh, cry, talk, and I guess simply be ourselves.
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck.
Not familiar with the Motown sound. I checked out the list and don't think I ever heard any of those songs.
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Green makes me look sickly so the most prevalent by far is red.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon?
Very, very true! My favorite meal with bacon is breakfast where I serve it with eggs and pancakes.
Bacon cheddar chicken is a family favorite. And broccoli bacon salad never lasts long enough.
I have several recipes pinned that I want to try including bacon chocolate chip cookies.
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
As my regular readers know I have already shared some of my favorite Christmas memories on my blog, and my books each contain more of them so today I will share a very memorable Christmas even though it doesn't qualify as my favorite.
It was the year my youngest brother had been born and he was only two months old so I'm sure my parents had a lot on their mind when the were preparing for Christmas.
That morning when we came downstairs after breakfast to see our towel cover piles of gifts at each of our places at the table I immediately noticed how my pile seemed really, really small. The boys each had a towering pile compared to mine.
I lifted my towel and beside the plate filled with the usual nuts and candy was the sorriest, saddest looking little dog shaped salt shaker. It wasn't even a set. I tried my best to not look as sorry and sad as that little dog. I knew Christmas was about so much more than gifts as I watched my brothers admire their new boots, trains, and books. I took my salt shaker upstairs and tucked it into the back of my china cupboard so I wouldn't have to see it.
I got some books several weeks later and my next birthday was much more extravagant than usual. I think they really felt bad about Christmas.
I never did learn to like that salt shaker though and wasn't sorry when Rosebud happened to drop it and it broke.
8. Insert your own random thought here.