Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
 
1. On this first official day of spring tell us something (besides the weather) you're looking forward to in this season of the year.

Spring is such a pleasant time of year. I'm looking forward to not having to wear a coat every time I step outside the door, and being able to make lovely bouquets with our spring flowers.

2. When it comes to spring cleaning would you rather wash windows or wash baseboards? Clean out closets or clean out the garage? Dust ceiling fans or dust bookcases? Wipe down the patio furniture outside or wipe down the light fixtures inside? Any of these tasks recently completed?

I don't mind washing windows, but having to crawl on hands and knees in order to get baseboards washed is not my idea of fun.
The garage is not my territory, and I'll happily clean the closets and let someone else care for the garage.
We don't have any outside furniture, but wiping it down doesn't sound horrible. Maybe because I've never had to do it. I don't mind cleaning light fixtures.
We're in the middle of our spring cleaning right now. I've been focusing on the bookshelves recently.

3. Your favorite thing to make/eat that calls for cream cheese? Sour cream? Whipped cream?

Cheesecakes, cheese bars, spinach dip, Thanksgiving pudding all take cream cheese, and I love them all equally.
We're big fans of sour cream. I don't necessarily have something I make with it, but we like dollops of it on salads, meats, anything spicy, and more. There's not much that isn't good with sour cream added.
Whipped cream... on the other hand isn't such a big deal, and we rarely ever use it. Though we did make some last evening in order to make our favorite no churn ice cream.

4. I read here a list of commonly mispronounced words. What is a word that gives you trouble when it comes to pronunciation?

I read the list of words and wanted to curl up and whimper at a word that I have apparently always pronounced wrong. I will continue pronouncing it wrong though, because pronouncing 'gif' correctly makes my skin crawl.

5. What's a song you love with the word 'rain' in the title or lyrics?

I can't say I love this song, but these are the first rain related lyrics that popped into my head when I read this question.

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Every once in a while something happens that reminds me of one of my all time favorite book series. (Anne of Green Gables) It happened again. A stray cat wandered in all scraggly and ugly, and I mean ugly. It looked exactly how I used to picture Rusty from Anne of the Island. Apparently I'm not the only one who thought that because Rosie Mae looked out the window and asked if I had seen Rusty.

We both got a chuckle out of how we immediately knew the poor thing. Thankfully it will not have to worry about any badly executed chloroform attempts with us.

It has been the easiest animal to name. There really was no other choice besides Rusty.

4 comments:

  1. I love Anne of Green Gables, as well. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never thought about having to put on a coat every time I go outside. I guess that it a perk of living here although it may be the only perk. LOL I do love Anne of Green Gables! My girls did when they were growing up and TeacherDaughter still loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of The Squire's favorite kinds of bread calls for sour cream and cottage cheese. The way to a man's heart and all that jazz. And I'm with you about cleaning baseboards! That's when I invite the grandchildren over to help Gran-mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about not having to wear a coat in spring. I love the feel of the sun's heat on my flesh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.