Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Currently ...

Reading ... In the Bible I finished 2 Peter this morning, and am looking forward to begin reading 1 John tomorrow.  In the fiction world I finished reading  The One who Waits for Me by Lori Copeland. I used to really enjoy her books, but ... I think I may have changed, or at least my taste in books, because even though this was a quick, light read it annoyed me. The only thing that made it kind of fun was that Rosie Mae read it too, and we got to laugh together at the preposterous happenings in the book. Things that would never happen. There was so much going on, and every time you thought that it couldn't get more outlandish, it did. In non-fiction I'm enjoying a cookbook.

Playing ... The girls are wanting to teach me how to play Skip-Bo this afternoon. It's a snowy, stay indoors type of day, so I think it sounds like the perfect plan.

Watching ... Spring training baseball. Well, not really. It's playing in the background in the evenings while we read, play games, and do things way more enjoyable than actually watching spring training baseball.

Cooking ... We had fried chicken and salad on the menu last evening, and for tonight it will be breakfast for dinner, complete with waffles, bacon, chicken sausage, and eggs.

Calling ... I'm not calling anyone, but since Kenneth has his own phone I've been receiving calls from him when ever he starts for home from where ever he is, to let me know he's on the way. The first few days the caller ID always said, Norma Ogletree when ever he called, but we managed to fix that to have his name come up now. Much to the girls' disappointment. They had way too much fun with the whole Norma thing.

Crafting ... the girls and I will be working on sewing aprons this afternoon. That should be a lot of fun. I love sewing, and every time I sit down to sew I always have to ask myself why I don't do it more often.

Loving ... the convenience of having electricity. There's nothing like having the power go out for a while to make you realize just how much you love it, even though it's so easy to simply take it for granted when everything is going as it's supposed to.

Disliking ... when my children aren't feeling the greatest. Everyone seems back to normal now, and for that I'm very thankful.

Celebrating ... each new day. Truly each one is a gift.

Feeling ... content. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but today I'm feeling happy and content with what we have, where we are, and life in general.

Listening ... to the dry boring voice of the teacher on Rosie Mae's Algebra II computer program, as she does her lesson for today.

Wanting ... to take more pictures. I love being able to look back at moments captured by my camera.

8 comments:

  1. Love this post and you'll find that Skip-Bo is a lot of fun. Although, it's been awhile since I've played it. Loved seeing what you are reading, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the girls I would have had fun with the norma thing on the phone. A guessing game is what I would of made of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are a busy lady. Love having breakfast for supper too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley took our power out for 24 hours - almost to the minute. We have a gas cooktop (the oven is electric) so we didn't go hungry. We keep a kerosene lantern in every room, and we always have plenty of water on hand, so we did fine. The Squire went out and got a bucket of pond water to flush, so we didn't waste "good" water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My MIL used to love playing Skip-Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to play Skip Bo with our children all the time when they were younger. I haven’t played for years. It will be fun to hear if you enjoyed it or not. You are such a busy lady. Makes me remember what my younger days were like too.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy playing Skip Bo, haven't played in a while might just have to get it out and play again. Enjoy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I’m copying the heading of each category and doing my own post.

    I loved playing skip-bo with my son while he was growing up. He’s 23 now and living out in Indiana. In December when he was visiting, he brought the cards to the kitchen table to play a game with me. I was quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. I love hearing your thoughts.